Overrated Actors

Erin

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion
Reaction score
So there's an Underrated actors section, but not an Overrated one... how about we give it a try?

My pick for most overrated actor is Kevin Spacey. Sorry to all of those American Beauty lovers out there...

Jennifer Aniston, i never understood why everyone makes such a big deal about her aside from being married to brad pitt and all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, well, can you call the things she stars in actually "films"? They are just Hollywood fluff.

99 % of Hollywood can't act.

Russell Crowe
Jamie Foxx
Jude Law
Nicolas Cage
Renée Zellweger
Halle Berry

Gosh where to begin?!

Actually let me start with John Wayne. Don't. Get. It. Audrey Hepburn. Marilyn could eat her up for breakfast and spit her out for lunch talent wise. Of course it was a different type of acting. Grace Kelly = eye candy. Modern stars -Nick Cage, agree with Erin on Kevin Spacey, Hilary Swank (just because she was great in Boys Dont Cry doesn't make her an actress, it makes her a one hit wonder), Julia Roberts (ugh my pet hollywood dislike), Meg Ryan, Reece Witherspoon... I could go on.

I dont think Aniston is overrated! I thought her 'career' was a joke anyway. Still television actresses have a different art. She is a lovely tv actress as are Sarah Jessica Parker, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Katie Holmes etc. But branching into movies isnt always the best move.

Jennifer Aniston, Eva Longoria :sick: , Halle Berry, Natalie Portman, Kiera Knightly.....

1. Nicole Kidman - she has the same schtick in every movie, lol. Looking sad and "mysterious" and moody.

Others
Russell Crowe - seriously, how many times has he played something other than "tough guy who's really good inside and has a heart of gold"?

Jaime Foxx - I'm not even going to touch the MOST UNDESERVNG Best Actor win ever. But really, the guy has ZERO talent.

Natalie Portman, Reese Witherspoon (poor felicity...), Julia Roberts, Keira Knightley(i like her but oscar nom wtf?!) Hale Berry Gwyneth Paltrow Hilary Swank........all just really not that good

I've always thought Scarlett Johannson was a bit overrated. Actually, I do like her, but I don't really see the big talent that all the critics are gushing about.

I also kind of like Natalie Portman, but she's overrated too. Totally overrated in "Closer" and "V For Vendetta"!! I thought she was wonderful in her bit role in "Cold Mountain" though, and of course in "The Professional."

Gosh, there are so many...
Angelina Jolie
Brad Pitt
Julia Roberts
Nicole Kidman
Keira Knightley
Most of them are just "stars," not "actors." Actors are for people like Ralph Fiennes, Robert De Niro, Sean Penn...

Siesta said:
Most of them are just "stars," not "actors." Actors are for people like Ralph Fiennes, Robert De Niro, Sean Penn...
I think so too
A lot of them are popular for their 'beauty'

But Angelina Jolie is not so bad. Her look is really great for scary characters
like her role in Girl, Interrupted :shock:

Charlize Theron
Jamie Foxx (I don't know which is worse - his acting or his personality)

Actually, I disagree about Angelina Jolie. Yes, she's overexposed and very Hollywood, but she does have talent.

Same with Charlize.

But I definitly agree about Spacey, although I loved him as Lex Luthor.

Charlize Theron (yes, I know....two Oscar nominations but still, overated)

Angelina Jolie (had talent before she threw it away for tomb raider chick)

Nicole Kidman (was amazing. what happened)

Scarlet Johanssan (she has never made me go: WHOA, what an actress)

Kirsten Dunst (what happened to all these young actreeses that used to be amazing and sorta died of in performance level later on? I'm hoping Marie-Antoinette will bring her back because Spider Man sure as hell won't)

Natalie Portman (again, amazing in her younger years. Closer was painful for me to watch because....she was so....not deserving of that oscar nod. I mean, I appreciate the fact that she took a risk which is more than what most actors would do but still, it wasn't deserving. Gary Oldman has NEVER had an Oscar nod and he is far more superior an actor)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->