Paramount drops Tom Cruise

xtine888 said:
I don't think it is a smart idea on Paramount's part, since yeah, he may be batsh**t crazy, but his movies mostly do very well at the box office. Didn't "War of the Worlds" make an obsene amount of money last year?
Yes, but they expected MI3 to do better than War of the Worlds and it didn't. It made around 150 million dollars less than expected and they attributed it to the public's growing negative opinion on Tom.

Or maybe, like tangerine said, Paramount knows something the general public doesn't know yet :innocent: .

Fabulyss said:
Whoever actually paid to see Snakes on a Plane deserves to get $10 stolen from them!!:rolleyes:

Ha ha! Just what I was thinking.

Just to play devil's advocate here, I think that this Hollywood divorce (amongst others) happened because of money. I think Redstone is being a little patronising if he expects the public to buy his 'Tom Cruise is not playing as we would like'. Celebrities behave like freaks all over the place but it doesn't affect their work. I think the audience that goes to see Tom has shrunk a little, yes, but it is pretty solid. I mean if I choose to see Minority Report on a Saturday night, it would be because it looked like a good film to fill my pathetic and empty evening, rather than because Tom Cruise was or wasnt in it. I didn't go see MI3 because of the Scientology but to be honest, I had no particular interest in seeing it anyway. Studios do not part ways with their biggest stars for decades for any reason other than money.

Fabulyss said:
Whoever actually paid to see Snakes on a Plane deserves to get $10 stolen from them!!:rolleyes:
Haha .... tell that to my boyfriend! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Calvin Stark
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->