Bacall slams Cruise

You have to be kidding me. His personal life has been completely ridiculous lately but Tom is a GREAT actor. It's just a shame that his personal life has clouded that.

Lauren just says anything...I love the old hollywood stars...LOL...they kept/keep it real...

....Tom's acting abilities are limitied....As for Kidman, she is too young to be a legend. We need some kind of historical distance and perspective before we can characterize anyone as a legend. Lauren Bacall is a legend. Nicole Kidman is not.
I agree.

Bacall worked with acting legends...male & female. She, more than most people, has the credibility to speak to great actors/acting.

The best performances Cruise has given are on the red carpet and on the sofa "displaying" his undying love for Katie.

Nicole Kidman is working her way up. She has a chance, imo.

I so agree that Tom's nothing but a celebrity now. Pity - he did have such promise! Dustin Hoffman, Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro.... now they are REAL actors! Nothing "celebutante" about any of them! :heart:

I find Nicole's acting so wooden. So you're saying everything Tom did before he met Katie was just fluff? He hasn't been with her for very long at all and he's done many many films. You don't like Magnolia even?

i don't like Tom, he's....strange. But Bacall seems arrogant as sh*t! Who talks about themselves like that?? She doesn't directly say it, I know but it's obviously implied that she's pissed that Nicole could even be in the same category as her. Even if you are a legend, let others say so, not urself. Humility never hurt.

^ I agree as much as I agree with her and find her comments pretty funny. She herself is definitely not an legend, though she was married to one, maybe two IMO. She is very arrogant and feels the need to rate every single actor as though she has the right to judge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->