Pearls

Agreed! I went through an ultra preppy phase in college so I'm a bit tired of cream colored pearls right now, but I'm seriously considering investing in some black pearls. I think they look just a little more edgy, but add a bit of class to an outfit that might need a little "something."

You might want to try overstock.com. They've a variety of pearls of differing quality and price ranges. Might be a bit more reputable than ebay.

I have a strand of Chanel pearls. I bought them last Christmas from Bergdorfs on a whim and have been really struggling to find ways to wear them. I am not girly by any means. During the day I'll wear them with ripped black skinnies & my denim/leather Alexander Wang jacket. I am afraid to look matronly in them. :/

I love pearls on other people, but don't like them on myself.
I just feel... weird wearing them. I guess it's just not my thing....

^ They're not for everybody. But they don't have to be too conservative if you style them right... I think the trick is to do smaller pearls, or at least small doses of them... I have pearl bracelets that I love. :heart:

I love pearl earrings and pearl headbands. The pearls go great against my dark hair. ^_^

Not everyone can be a Lisa Simpson. :lol:

Some designers are doing some very interesting things with pearls - I especially like jewellery using the irregular-shaped, baroque pearls - they can look great and tend to be cheaper as well :D

I love pearls, but it's really annoying that most jewelers don't seem to have any idea where they're from. I really want some Paspaley pearls but I have no idea where they sell them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->