Pearls

I love pearls, in fact I have an entire drawer devoted entirely to my pearl collection. I like wear them with things you wouldn't normally wear them with, such as a vintage tee. I think they look really good as long as your outfit is not over-the-top preppy...then again some people can pull that off. Just my opinion though :flower:

clueless said:
I think pearls are perfect for daytime, and I think they look better in the day than in the evening! I think for evening/night I would be more likely to go for diamonds, maybe saphires or rubys.

I totally agree with you. If pearls were only to be worn b e f o r e 6pm it would make more sense to me. There's just something about pearls and morning light... Anyways, that is the rule I've always heard. Btw, we should start a rules-thread somewhere :D

kealoha said:
i think they're classic. they're also my birthstone so i'm a bit biased, but i espeically love Tahitian black pearls.

I love those too! I love any black pearls; I can't wear white ones... they don't look right on me. Plus black goes with everything! I have a triple twisted strand black pearl choker that my ex-boyfriend gave me.. and never got rid of because they are so pretty!

Last edited by a moderator:
i like pearls but only short ones... not long long strands of them that go on for days.. those lanvin ones were purty. :D

TrailerCouture said:
i love my little strand of pearls, anyone who says they dislike pearls I almost instantly think... hhmmph! all funk with no chic, what a shame...

I agree!!! Pearls are a must!

I like pearls best when they are mixed with gemstones, like these:

500x350-maj-b-001.jpg

257_320x480.jpg

Jillian-NecklaceD.jpg

ep63_carrie_pearlnecklaces.jpg

This is one of my more memorable of Carrie. I love what Patricia Field does. She's so edgy but still it looks classy and doable for the everyday stylish lady. :smile:

I've been loving pearls lately too. And here I thought I was being "different" :P well, it is pretty different where I live. I wear them with tees and jeans. Who would've thought??!! I love the untraditional look, they look so hot with jeans. I have three strands....one of those super long strands you can layer about three times....and two other strands I bought for cheap at Filene's basement. They're nice quality though. All faux. God I hope they're not becoming a "trend" to wear them with everything.

Actually i do not like the "normal" small pearl nacklaces or earstuds. Just because they remind my of all the law b*tches at univerity. But i own a peacock coloured necklace of Tahitian Pearls that i love so much simply because it is "me" me and of course it was a gift of love

:D Pearls...I love 'em! As a matter of fact, my great-grandmother gave my mother about nine gorgeous strands all varying in length and I just recently wore them! They have those vintage clasps from the '20s! I'll post a pic as soon as I can since its relatively difficult to explain their appearance.

Sooo becoming!

:heart: Like most girls in Spain, I got my ears pierced at age 2 (days) in hospital. Some say it is a barbaric/arab tradition, but most girls have their ears pierced before they can say si or no!

I feel naked without earrings, my everyday ones being 8 mm pearls like (again) most spaniards. The thing is, there are very beautiful earrings out there, but pearls on your ears are soooo becoming (tan favorecedoras!). I confirm I feel naked without my pearl studs.:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirrormodel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->