Perfect Magazine #6 2024

I've actually really grown to love Bella on the runway over the years. I see the Gisele inspiration many of you are saying. I love it !

I've actually really grown to love Bella on the runway over the years. I see the Gisele inspiration many of you are saying. I love it !
Same, I didn't like her at all before. She was so inexpressive. But imo she really grew as a model and I just caught myself zooming in the picture once again and once again I was not disappointed! The hair is not short of flawless!
Will def buy

^ no way that's 2004! it's gotta be the peak of her raunchy era, either 1999 or 2000 (cover of Rolling Stone, George magazine, Vogue w/ Robbie Williams, all that, before Leo/Hollywood/barely walking shows).. early 2001 max.

^ no way that's 2004! it's gotta be the peak of her raunchy era, either 1999 or 2000 (cover of Rolling Stone, George magazine, Vogue w/ Robbie Williams, all that, before Leo/Hollywood/barely walking shows).. early 2001 max.
I think you're right, it's from April 2000 I think. Her other cover with Galliano was in 2004, probably that's why it's misattributed online.

^she said in an interview that lots of brands dropped her after she showed support for Palestine. Maybe a lot of mags did as well and Perfect was the only one(s) to offer...

it's a plausible reason as far as the western market goes. time will tell what other covers she books this year.

Personally I don’t think magazine dropped her for being vocal in the conflict , She could have easily front a Vogue France or Spain or Arabia etc.. She just choose Perfect because as you can see on the cover " Art Direction Bella Hadid" she is in a total control and know exactly what she is doing .. maybe she is re branding herself.. time will tell

good catch. i'm believing this is a bigger reason why she reintroduced herself with Perfect - her agency/autonomy.

she's taking more control over her image, vocalizing and producing her vision + brand, and exhibiting her other abilities outside of modeling. not putting too much into this, but art direction could be a bread crumb for what she could segue into in addition to or after modeling.

The original issue came packaged in a cardboard cover, because it had a photography supplement. Gisele was on the cover of the 'wrapping'.

On ebay, there's an issue being sold with the cardboard packaging, and on the back, there's the barcode with the issue details No.88 May 2004, images from the seller popculturemagazines.

(March 2004 also had Gisele on the cover with John Galliano, but was a few months earlier and ten times tamer.)

That said, Gisele was also on the cover of the photography supplement inside the packaging, which was a reprint of images from the history of The Face, so I could well believe it was shot earlier by LaChapelle and then reprinted on the wrapping as the newsstand 'cover' of this 2004 issue.

The cover of the actual print issue inside went to Andre 3000 but I don't think anybody noticed, the amount of bare flesh on sale in this issue.

This was also the final issue of this run of The Face.

Gisi 1.jpgGisi 2.jpg

it's a plausible reason as far as the western market goes. time will tell what other covers she books this year.

good catch. i'm believing this is a bigger reason why she reintroduced herself with Perfect - her agency/autonomy.

she's taking more control over her image, vocalizing and producing her vision + brand, and exhibiting her other abilities outside of modeling. not putting too much into this, but art direction could be a bread crumb for what she could segue into in addition to or after modeling.
similar to what Gisele did when she was at the absolute height of her career. more control, more autonomy and being more selective.

Well, if she's going down the Gisele route we can only hope that she doesn't enter her mother earth era anytime soon.
omg PLEASE no! also the hair. Gisele is stuck with hers (it's gorg but come on give us versatility)

The original issue came packaged in a cardboard cover, because it had a photography supplement. Gisele was on the cover of the 'wrapping'.

On ebay, there's an issue being sold with the cardboard packaging, and on the back, there's the barcode with the issue details No.88 May 2004, images from the seller popculturemagazines.

(March 2004 also had Gisele on the cover with John Galliano, but was a few months earlier and ten times tamer.)

That said, Gisele was also on the cover of the photography supplement inside the packaging, which was a reprint of images from the history of The Face, so I could well believe it was shot earlier by LaChapelle and then reprinted on the wrapping as the newsstand 'cover' of this 2004 issue.

The cover of the actual print issue inside went to Andre 3000 but I don't think anybody noticed, the amount of bare flesh on sale in this issue.

This was also the final issue of this run of The Face.

You got me digging a bit!

That issue is a compilation of 'hot shots', that's why they reprinted the image of Natalia from the year before that and what looks like Eva Herzigova circa 1996/Marylin Monroe-ish days. The prints of LaChapelle's photograph (titled "Gisele Bündchen: See-Through Coat") has been auctioned since then (source), year 2000.

I 'studied' Gisele's trajectory back in the day, as every Gisele nerd would lol.. the way she skyrocketed was so intense that in a way, the amount of time she regularly modeled (shows, covers every season) is quite brief and can be easily broken down in 4 eras: high fashion (start-1998), the blonde/mega tanned/modern Veruschka type of era when all of her risqué work is produced (1999-2000), reaching mainstream celebrity level of fame via VS/DiCaprio and only doing very selective and far more conservative campaigns/shows (2001-2003), and 2004 to present (with the exception of her recent comeback) is kind of downhill: the small acting gigs, yoga, very rarely doing shows followed by retirement, Nino Munoz exclusivity, 'Tom Brady's wife'.

Love the black and white and the pink tee, they remind me of 2000s Gisele in a good way. The first cover is not giving, only Gisele or a model from her era would make it work because it needed seriously athletic poses.

Very Hugo Comte, who is very meisel 90s

Bryce Anderson is yet another photographer whose work doesn't have the same effect when published somewhere else than Instagram.

Since
You got me digging a bit!

That issue is a compilation of 'hot shots', that's why they reprinted the image of Natalia from the year before that and what looks like Eva Herzigova circa 1996/Marylin Monroe-ish days. The prints of LaChapelle's photograph (titled "Gisele Bündchen: See-Through Coat") has been auctioned since then (source), year 2000.

I 'studied' Gisele's trajectory back in the day, as every Gisele nerd would lol.. the way she skyrocketed was so intense that in a way, the amount of time she regularly modeled (shows, covers every season) is quite brief and can be easily broken down in 4 eras: high fashion (start-1998), the blonde/mega tanned/modern Veruschka type of era when all of her risqué work is produced (1999-2000), reaching mainstream celebrity level of fame via VS/DiCaprio and only doing very selective and far more conservative campaigns/shows (2001-2003), and 2004 to present (with the exception of her recent comeback) is kind of downhill: the small acting gigs, yoga, very rarely doing shows followed by retirement, Nino Munoz exclusivity, 'Tom Brady's wife'.
Since her divorce (2022) she hasn’t done an earth mother shoot. Her last one was on 2021 for Vogue Hong Kong. I feel like she has come back to her fashion roots a bit. Maybe Tommy killed her vibe/creativity. 😂

Love this shoot of Bella and indeed gave me Gisele 2000 vibes.

I give it to Bella, I actually like this. Is she Gisele? No. Can she sell a photographic image in a fashion magazine? Oh yes. And honestly, if you're going to homage someone, THE Gisele is a worthy reference, @dita_erotica1992 I have that i-D issue and I see it too.

She was on record in early 2022 about having lost jobs/having certain designers refuse to hire her over being vocal about Palestine, I wouldn't be surprised if that's happening even now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->