Perfume buys that were just WRONG?

I was given Glo by Jlo as a gift. It smells good at the very beginning but after awhile it smells absolutely horrible. I am glad I didnt pay for it made my head hurt. I thought was going to pass out. What does it smell like? I dont even know what to tell you.

I had a mini bottle of Chanel Allure that I loved, and so I went to the store and bought a big bottle of it. Being younger, I mistakenly got the eau de toilette version. It was like a completely different perfume! I had to give it away to a friend.

jssy4eva said:
ok just a tip for when you buy your boyfriend or brother or whoever...colonge.....

NEVER BUY SWISS ARMY!!!!IT SMELLS AUWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch out jssy, I'm SWISS! :angry: :argg:

Comme des Garçons 3. Bought it for the limited-edition bottle....and in the limited-edition bottle it shall stay. One little squirt had me gasping for air.

Samsara by [size=-1]Guerlain[/size] -is it even made anymore? but when i was 18 and just getting into perfume i tried it at the store and thought it smelled wonderful and mysterious. then i got it home, and after a few days it just started to smell like hairspray to me. i couldnt make myself wear it anymore, so it just sat on my dresser for a year, and then i threw it away :doh:

I had a parfume just did wrong, like moschino love. First sample it was okay...., after a week o ow...., don't like the smell anymore. Experts says that we have to try on to our skin and wait for 2 or 3 hours. I followed the advice, but seems not suit me.

Issey for men I think, I was given a bottle (I think they didn't know it was a men's perfume:blink:) and it smelt metallic, almost rusty. Gave it to my friend and ended up having to smell the darn thing almost everyday. bleah:sick:

I have two favourites; L'Air du temps by Nina Ricci and Stella by Stella McCartney. Right now, I hate Ricci, and think the smell is too sweet. So I wear Stella, which I love right now, but after a month or so I have to change the fragrance,because it starts to smell awful, too strong.then after awhile I'll switch back to Stella and then back to L'Air du Temps and so on...So I have this kind of love-hate "relationship" to them.

I once got 1947 by Dior as a birthday present.Smells awful. I gave it to my friend.
I dislike too heavy fragrances, and in my opinion, the most awful scent ever is Opium by Yves Saint Laurent.Though the ad campaign is lovely.

Believe it or not ... The new PRADA fragrance ... the sales assistant won me over with the "its a classic", i fell in love with the atomiser and engraving ... but it didn't suit me at all. Too woody. I needed a younger, fresh out-of-the-shower scent!! I got Chanel Coco Mademosielle and Marc Jacobs BLush and they r both gorgeous:heart:

I remember L'Air du temps smelling really... old ladyish. Yup. Lovely bottle though.

man2 by comme des garcons i like it but nobody else does so i never wear it lol and eau noir by dior homme i love it but again i'd say it was an aquired smell plus it was bloody expensive for a fragrance

- Givenchy Fleur d'Interdit. I bought it because at first I saw it as a more modern version of Audrey Hepburn's l'Interdit. But after two days I could'nt help thinking that, with all these white flowers and fruits it smellt rather a lot like toilet deodorant:huh:

- Angel by Mugler was far too heavy

- Eau de Charlotte by Annick Goutal : I liked it but quickly got bored with it to the point I began to actually hate it, so I gave it away.

- Eau belle by Azzaro : same thing as Eau de Charlotte.

Last edited by a moderator:
Estee Lauder's Beyond Paradise. It smelled great in the beginning but since I didn't wear it that much and just left it on my nightstand, the scent changed. Maybe because of the hot weather. :(

Ms Diva said:
I was given Glo by Jlo as a gift. It smells good at the very beginning but after awhile it smells absolutely horrible. I am glad I didnt pay for it made my head hurt. I thought was going to pass out. What does it smell like? I dont even know what to tell you.

My friend finally got it as a gift from her mother and when she wore, her mother told her it smelled like she was on weed. :D It smells kind of like powder.

Gucci Pour Homme just smells like b/o to me :ninja: at least on me :lol:

Acqua Di Gio, I can't believe people still buy that... so vile

Cialenga by Balenciaga, this is a vintage one, I shouldn't have even opened the bottle, that's like OPP (im not posting what OPP means, if interested PM me :lol: )

^^^ I'm intrigued... LOL!!

The stinkiest women's perfume in the world is Poison by Dior,closely followed by Tendre Poison. I have never bought either,though.

My Mum wears First by Van Cleef and I really hate it.
Oh and I hate babydoll by YSL :sick:

I'm currently wearing Subtil by Salvatore Ferragamo and :heart: it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dietverse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->