Perfume buys that were just WRONG?

a galliano perfume...
got it home....put it all over me
looked at the box...
"Room Spray"
argh...i dont even like the smell i just wanted the box!! it still stands on the table full from last christmas :(

Chanel Chance.

Seriously, I don't know why I bought it... I was like YAY new Chanel perfume! Lol. It's way too musky on me....I feel gross wearing it.

My everyday perfume used to be YSL BabyDoll, though they stopped making that one. Have you heard of BabyDoll Body Jewels? I saw it in magazines, It's like BabyDoll but encrusted with jewels. It was supposed to be out in Oct 2003, but I couldn't find it. Afterwards they discontinued BabyDOll so I never found it.

But it's really fruity and citrusy....

My NEW everyday perfume is Chloe Collection 2005. It smells sooo crisp/clean I love it!

I have tried lots of perfumes over the years. I decided to try Egyptian Musk, which I think smells so wonderful. When I ordered it off of a pretty popular website, it came in the mail and I did not find it to be that strong. I don't like strong fragrance, I like it when people know you have arrived because they can smell your subtle fragrance. I like a signature. When you hit your 30's, it's like you try to be original in certain ways. Anyway, I called the store where I ordered the musk and asked if they can double perfume my lotion and shampoo and they were more than happy to do it. But when it arrived, it still was not as potent as I would have liked.:(

Does anyone know about Egyptian Musk? The saleswoman told me that it is a subtle scent, yet I still think that there are stronger versions out there, there has to be. Just a bit stronger and I would be so happy. It is a difficult musk to find and I just wish that I can smell different versions in person, but they don't sell it around here.

Travis!!

If you still have your Clive christian i would love to buy it from you even though i have just recently bought 1.

Vivienne Westwood Boudoir is foul. Angel is another bad one. Do you remember Poison in the 80s? It smelt of sweat to me, just nasty.
Ysatis (Guerlain) I think is another one I can't stomach

I bought Thierry Mugler Angel (for men) just because I loved the container......way too vanilla and feminine for me; it went right back to the store.

Yves Saint Laurent's (the original lemon one)
and YSL Kourous were staples of mine in the '80's- the first I ever bought myself.
I am not sure someone could (or should) try either today.

maraschin0 said:
Chanel Chance.

Seriously, I don't know why I bought it... I was like YAY new Chanel perfume! Lol. It's way too musky on me....I feel gross wearing it.

My everyday perfume used to be YSL BabyDoll, though they stopped making that one. Have you heard of BabyDoll Body Jewels? I saw it in magazines, It's like BabyDoll but encrusted with jewels. It was supposed to be out in Oct 2003, but I couldn't find it. Afterwards they discontinued BabyDOll so I never found it.

But it's really fruity and citrusy....

My NEW everyday perfume is Chloe Collection 2005. It smells sooo crisp/clean I love it!

Oohhh, Chance is definitely one of my favourites, it smells so good on me ^_^ Some of my friends have tried it but they all hated it but whenver I wear it I always get compliments on it.

Also, is this the BabyDoll you were talking about? It looks so nice, the description of the smell makes me want to get it. :woot:

Back on topic: BCBGirls Star.... smells way too powdery and vanilla-y... but it was super cheap so I don't care :lol: Also, D&G Light Blue didn't smell good on me.

Luna- I've got stella's perfume and I love the scent because its simple and rosy. The burndown is amber and leaves my scarves smelling so nice! I'm addicted but..

the huge con is that you probably won't smell it in 10 minutes or so, and I've heard the same for the teensy tiny parfum version as well. A body spray probably lasts longer so you need to put tons on..

I always get jokes that I'm "showering" everytime i whip out the stella bc I practically need to drench my neck if i want it to last through dinner.. not very glamourous at all:yuk:

About four years ago I bought Cabotine by Gres, at that time I loved it, but the next year I just couldn't stand it anymore, I changed my mind and I thought (and still think) it was a horrible scent, it smelled as dirty.. I don't know if you undestand what I'm saying, but this is what I felt

I bought Naomi Campbell's perfume. ick so gross now when i smell it. I first smelt the body cream or lotion whatever it was and smelt nice in that form, so i bought the perfume without thinking. I've worn it once, such a waste of money. Now it just sits there and gathers dust!

Pinky* said:
Luna- I've got stella's perfume and I love the scent because its simple and rosy. The burndown is amber and leaves my scarves smelling so nice! I'm addicted but..the huge con is that you probably won't smell it in 10 minutes or so, and I've heard the same for the teensy tiny parfum version as well. A body spray probably lasts longer so you need to put tons on..

agree!
the scent is sooo faint, I barely could smelt it this afternoon when I was trying it @ the counter!
I'm so disappointed. Stella smelt soo heavenly in the tester card from magazine, and I've been wanting to buy it since months ago; but when I had it sprayed on my wrist this afternoon... It smelt sooo not me. :( :(

Sigh. Body chemistry.

Thanks God that YSL Paris smells yummy on me! :blush: :D

Rouge - Hèrmes

Some years ago I used it too often and now I don't like it anymore...

I hate to admit this, but I loved the sample perfume I was given for JLo's Live Perfume. I had put it on a Saturday (The day where I test sample perfume so if a perfume goes bad on me no one knows since I stay home that day. ^_^ ) and it smelled good on me. I decided to buy the perfume and the lotion. I put on just a couple sprays on and went to school and everyone hated it! It smelled waaay too sweet on me. :(

Calvin Klein's Euphoria - it's waaaaaay too strong! But then I didn't buy it, I won it in a contest.

JR1, I couldn't stop laughing at your Galliano "Room Spray" story! :lol:

Btw, I am heavily influenced by the packaging when I choose perfumes. Anyone is this way too? :blush:

Bluestar07 said:
Btw, I am heavily influenced by the packaging when I
choose perfumes. Anyone is this way too? :blush:

I understand that!:P

But.. hmm no, I'm not willing to spend so much on something which has a GREAT packaging, but the scent is not wearable! :lol:

Jessica Simpson's perfume...I thought what the heck I'll buy it 'cause it's only $30...but it lacks a scent and it makes my skin sticky.

Fav perfume coco chanel.

Stella McCartney... I bought it, loved it at the store and absolutely hated it on my skin. I couldn't get away from the smell, it gave me a headache and made me sick. My mum loves it though, I gave it to her and she wears it all the time now. It smells nice on her, funnily enough.

^ I have the same problem, it smells so strong. I wear it only for special occassions, dinners etc. because of that.

Sometimes, when I've been wearing it more often it starts to smell like sweat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hipolito201
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->