Perfume buys that were just WRONG?

sugarcoma said:
Happy by Clinique. I used to be CRAZY about it but after a while it just started smelling so nastyly floral.
sugarcoma said:
Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfinger. I don't know ... yikes.
J'Adore by Dior. A lovely fragrance actually but not my style, too elegant.

Completely agree about Tommy Girl. It was an impulse buy. I remember as a kid thinking it smelled good and then I saw it around somewhere years later and bought it but what a horrible decision. I've only used it twice since

Yet... I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I hold onto this stuff that isn't my taste (just in case). I'd hate to throw away makeup or perfume and relies my tastes have changed in the future and too late! It's gone! Does anyone else have this habit of holding on to perfume and makeup? I think it's kind of normal. Sort of like when we gain weight we don’t throw away our hott tight jeans because every time we see them we think to ourselves "I'll be back" even though most of the time that's just wishful thinking

:blush:

dunhill and dunhill fresh, bought them online searching for an amazing dunhill fragrance, wich turned out to be dunhill d, that´s what happens when the person that you ask about his wonderful perfume only knows the brand and not the actual name :smile:

My friend used to wear Chloe Narcisse and she smelled great, so i figured id try some on, but on me it smelled different, and it actually made me physically sick (serious!). I had to go home and take a shower to get it off me!

Chanel No. 5
Smelled like someone's Grandma.....seems kind of overrated to me :ermm:

SanDiego said:
MY FAVE is Christian Dior Addict!! my mom had a guy follow her in the store to ask her what it was...I was like if that can happen to my mom IM BUYING IT!

This perfume is what got me and my boyfriend together...:lol: i love it :heart:

YSL Opium. I have no idea what strange 'thing' pushed me into buying this scent, whle I could afford myself any perfume (good times are gone anyway :P). I used to think it smelled like a romance , that catches everyones attention. Right now I think it's hideous! Fortunately, my grandma likes this kind of perfumes. Uh-oh :smile:

i got a bottle of little italy by bond no 9 free from work and i'm kicking myself for not choosing a different bond scent... don't know what i was thinking.. i mean, who wants to smell like an orange??

Tiffany and Co perfume....Yuk...smells like an old woman and is too florally! So I returned it....

Tiffany and Co have a perfume? :shock:

Paris having her own was bad enough..now this? What the f..

johnnys_girl09 said:
Tiffany and Co have a perfume? :shock:

Paris having her own was bad enough..now this? What the f..

I hardly see how you can compare Paris's perfume to Tiffany's, but okaaay...
They have a couple and, in my opinion, they are all quite nice - I prefer Pure.

I tried to wear Obsession when I was 17 and it smelled completely over-done to me.

VainJane said:
Chanel No. 5
Smelled like someone's Grandma.....seems kind of overrated to me :ermm:

I was about to say the same thing!! :lol: I used to love it so much to. It's sooo strong. I still have a bottle of it that I managed to get a really good deal on, but I use it sparingly. Alittle goes a long way, so just two squirts & it lasts all day. I have to say that the smell does get better with time to, because when you first put it on it's so overpowering. I think Chanel Chance is much better though.

I just got a sample of Flower by Kenzo in the mail with my Beauty.com order and it is just grody....on me it is at least.

Stella by Stella McCartney... Was just really wrong on me, way too overpowering! I gave it to my mum.

Agatha Ruiz de la Prada... too strong for me...everything tasted like that parfum...
Lacoste for women...fresh but too...i don't have words to describe it... and this wasn't my mistake but has gone to me from 2 previous refusals from the first one who bought it hahaha...i keep it and dont know why!?
Tommy girl (eau de toilette instead of parfum)... big big big big mistake... they dont smell the same... but i got it as someone bought it for me in other country so it was supposed to be a gift but now... i feel like...what can i do with this? its not the same AT ALL!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->