Perfume News

Rock ´n Rose by Valentino

BGC07PX_mp.jpg

The fragrance is inspired by a new generation of young Valentino women. She is a modern woman, who combines a Rock 'n Roll attitude with elegance and style. She is a Rose on the outside and a Rocker on the inside.

The fragrance is created as a perfect balance between edgy modernity and Valentino's elegance and tradition.

• Top notes of bergamot, black currant, and crunch green.
• Middle notes of orange blossom, gardenia, muguet, and rose.
• Base notes of sandalwood, orris, musky notes, vanilla, and heliotrope.

(bergdorf goodman.com)

has anyone tried DKNYs red delicious..? i have the green version that came two years ago and i'm wondering if the red on is any good. better? worse? any comment appreciated :D

j´adore dior said:
The fragrance is created as a perfect balance between edgy modernity and Valentino's elegance and tradition.

• Top notes of bergamot, black currant, and crunch green.
• Middle notes of orange blossom, gardenia, muguet, and rose.
• Base notes of sandalwood, orris, musky notes, vanilla, and heliotrope.

(bergdorf goodman.com)

I swear they made up some of those words
whats a crunch green, a muguet and a heliotrope..and an orris.. I am not what you would call stupid but im starting to feel it looking at those words!

SweetLove said:
has anyone on this forum ever smelled Cinema by YSL? I was curious to see what all of you thought of it.

Its my perfume and its amazing. Its really sexy, more of a womans scent than a girly girls. Im not kidding, i walk down the street and people stop me and ask me what i wear. If im in a cafe people will sniff me and ask me and the men LOVE IT ^_^

The summer version is ok but a bit..too common smelling.

I wish they would create a more intense wintery version..now that would be great!

from podcasternews.com

Thierry Mugler Takes a Fragrance Gamble

First the book, then the movie, and now, the perfume.

The novel "Perfume: The Story of a Murder" by Patrick Suskind has been an insider fave for more than two decades, and will soon be immortalized on the big screen with Dustin Hoffman starring as Jean-Baptiste Grenouille, born an orphan in 18th century France sans any smell at all, but with a genius for creating fragrances. In an unusual move – even for the perfume market – Thierry Mugler is creating 1,500 "Perfume Coffrets" inspired by/based on the film, containing 15 different fragrances which range from heady to sensual to dark to disgusting even, mirroring the themes of the book.

Created by International Flavors & Fragrances, 14 of the scents were based on "highly descriptive passages" in the book. The "Baby" fragrance emulates an infant’s nuzzleable milky scent, while "Human Existance" is redolent with "the passing odors of sweaty bodies, the sour odors of cheese and sides of raw meat hanging in sidewalk stalls." (Translation: mad science involving molecules developed in the lab which can recreate smells like sardines, chocolate, and even animal secretions.) The 15th scent, named Aura, is a chameleon containing an ingredient from each of the 12 general fragrance groups – so it can be worn with – and intensify – any other scent.

"I’m not sure if we’re ready for something like this yet," Vera Strubi, the president of Clarins-owned Thierry Mugler Parfums admitted to WWD. "It’s a real olfactive voyage." And priced at $700, total sales of the 1,500 sets will barely surpass $1 million, but according to insiders, if the demand is there, more will be produced. Chances are, if the movie does well, and perfume lovers are take advantage of the opportunity to create a completely customized, unique fragrance – this is one marketing gambit that could pay off handsomely.

I read elsewhere that the 15 scents are have been made by perfumers Les Christops (www.leschristophs.com) and that apart form "Baby", "Human Existance", and "Aura" there is also "Paris 1738" (capuring the revolting stink of the streets around that time) and "Virgin no 1" (a sweet smell that captures the aroma of a virgins navel..no less).
You can smell the collection at Roja Dove Haute Parfumerie in Harrods..

thankyou for all the updates,cant wait to smell some of these

Not exactly news about a new perfume but interesting and may answer this...

adi said:
has anyone tried DKNYs red delicious..? i have the green version that came two years ago and i'm wondering if the red on is any good. better? worse? any comment appreciated :D
thesun.co.uk

WHEN it comes to Christmas party flirting, the key to a man’s heart is through his nose. From Kylie Darling to Intimately Beckham, the list of sexy scents we want Santa to bring us keeps growing. But what do guys think of our choices?
We thought we’d ask the Sun online boys for their verdict on the festive season’s top female fragrances.
Read their less-than-expert reviews and gasp as they sniff out a whiffy winner for the girl of their dreams by clicking on the images above.

KYLIE DARLING PRICE: Eau de Toilette 50ml, £26, boots.com
WHAT WE SAY: Kylie’s first fragrance is sweet, seductive and glamorous. Just like the lady herself. One of this Christmas’s top sellers.
WHAT THE LADS SAY:
Ali: This doesn’t smell how I’d expect Kylie to smell.
Michael: No, it’s more Dannii. A bit cheaper, you know.
Pete: This is OK actually. It’s growing on me.
Chris: Yeah, it was a bit strong at first but I like it more now it’s calmed down. It’s very feminine.
Vince: Once I realised it was Kylie’s I gave it an extra point.
MAN RATING: 6.5/10

LACOSTE INSPIRATION
What a whiff ... Pete's not sure of this stinky scent PRICE: Eau de Parfum 50ml, £31, boots.com
WHAT WE SAY: Inspiration combines jasmine, tuberose, plum and pink peppercorn with sandalwood, vanilla and musk. A spicy, heady scent for the ultra-feminine.
WHAT THE LADS SAY:
Pete: Eww, this smells like something your nan would wear. (Sniffs again) Yeah, definitely an older relative you wouldn’t want to kiss you at Christmas.
Josh: This smells like sweets, it smells of liquorice. That’s weird. I’d eat it but I don’t want a girl to smell of it.
Pete: Nah, I wouldn’t pull someone that wore that.
Ali: Me neither, sorry.
Vince: I probably would, knowing my luck.
MAN RATING: 6/10

DKNY RED DELICIOUS PRICE: Eau de Parfum 50ml, £35, boots.com
WHAT WE SAY: A fruity blend of lychee, raspberry and apples, this funky scent is a must for the fragrance fan who thinks less is more.
WHAT THE LADS SAY:
Ali: Oh, I like this. You can really smell the apples.
Josh: Yeah, it’s a bit like fruit salad.
Pete: Fruity ones are a bit of a winner, I like this.
Ali: Yeah, I’d buy this. It’s nice.
Chris: It’s quite fresh and light. It reminds me of spring.
Vince: I like fruit scents but I can’t stand florals. This is quite crisp.
Josh: It smells a bit like soap.
Ali: But that’s a good thing, isn’t it? A nice clean girl.
Josh: Er, I guess so.
MAN RATING: 8/10

INTIMATELY BECKHAM by VICTORIA BECKHAM PRICE: Eau de Toilette 50ml, £26, boots.com
WHAT WE SAY: A confident, feminine blend of florals from rose petals to orange blossom and Casablanca lily, we like this flirty, sensual fragrance.
WHAT THE LADS SAY:
Pete: Blimey, this one’s a bit strong.
Vince: It’s the strongest of the lot, I reckon.
Josh: An Italian woman would wear this.
Chris: Yeah, or some girl who thinks she’s really special.
Vince: It’s more of a woman’s than a girl’s fragrance.
Chris: It’s made my nostrils burn.
Pete: It’s quite artificial. I’m not convinced.
MAN RATING: 5.5/10

BRITNEY SPEARS FANTASY PRICE: Eau de Toilette 50ml, £27, boots.com
WHAT WE SAY: Brash, bubbly and full of fun, this sexy fragrance is a mix of jasmine, kiwi, quince and white orchid. Something called Cupcake Accord is in there too apparently.
WHAT THE LADS SAY:
(after a good deal of unwrapping reveals a small perfume compact)
Ali: Are you sure this isn’t makeup?
Chris: My girlfriend would go mental if I got her that. It’s tiny. Especially after all that packaging.
The concept of solid perfume is explained to the lads.
Ali:
Oh, I see. It’s a bit like Sure Stick Deodorant.
Chris: I’m not sure I’d get this for a girl – the packaging’s a bit trashy.
Pete: This one smells of cocoa butter and bubble gum.
Ali: Are you sure this is perfume?
Chris: I’ve never seen solid perfume before. It smells like those little milky white cola bottle sweets. I sort of feel like licking it.
Pete: Women smelling of sweets is not a good thing.
Chris: All packaging and no substance, just like Britney.
MAN RATING: 5/10

STELLA IN TWO by STELLA MCCARTNEY PRICE: Amber Solid Perfume, £23, and Peony Eau de Toilette 25ml, £27, boots.com
WHAT WE SAY: Stella in Two Peony and Stella in Two Amber can be worn alone or layered according to your mood. A sophisticated, modern scent for the lover of luxury.
WHAT THE LADS SAY:
Ali: What? You combine the two? That’s a bit weird, isn’t it.
Pete: This one’s really nice. Is that Stella McCartney or Stella Rimington, the ex head of MI5?
Chris: Do you know what, I’d buy that for my girlfriend because it’d look like I’d got her two presents.
Vince: It’s for an older woman in her mid-30s, I’d say.
Josh: Yeah, somebody Parisian maybe.
Vince: I think it’s quite sophisticated.
Pete: I like the combination but I don’t like the Peony one on its own. This would be my favourite in the right hands though.
Vince: Actually, this is a bit disappointing for me. It seems a bit gimmicky.
Pete: I’d spend forty quid max and this lot will set you back fifty.
Chris: Yep, I reckon this is a rip-off but I like the smell.
Pete: I’d give it a high 7.
MAN RATING: 7.5/10

AND THE WINNER IS...DKNY RED DELICIOUS

:lol:
The boys' comments are hilarious!

Last edited by a moderator:
JamieRL said:
Its my perfume and its amazing. Its really sexy, more of a womans scent than a girly girls. Im not kidding, i walk down the street and people stop me and ask me what i wear. If im in a cafe people will sniff me and ask me and the men LOVE IT ^_^

The summer version is ok but a bit..too common smelling.

I wish they would create a more intense wintery version..now that would be great!
That makes me really curious, I´m gonna have to look into this one :P

from wwd.com:

Gwen Stefani is Coty’s latest celebrity signing.

Stefani said Wednesday that she has signed a global licensing deal with Coty to develop and market a line of fragrances for her fashion and accessories brand, L.A.M.B. The first project, an as-yet-unnamed women’s fragrance, is planned for fall 2007.

This news confirms a report in these pages on Oct.9. Stefani, one of the most high-profile singers to ever emerge from Orange County, Calif., is no one-note wonder. In addition to her celebrated music career —she has just released her second solo album, The Sweet Escape, and continues to be a member of No Doubt — Stefani designs clothing for her three-year-old L.A.M.B. brand, and has just released a new handbag line in a deal with Schifter & Partners. She also is designing watches and sneakers —and that’s not all; Stefani has appeared in several films, including as screen siren Jean Harlow in Martin Scorsese’s 2004 film The Aviator.

But Stefani has honest roots in the beauty industry. Before No Doubt hit it big, she held another gig: cosmetics salesgirl at an Orange County mall.

I know this seems really out of the blue..:lol:

BUT. I was wondering what the difference between Eau de Parfum and Eau de Toilette? Is one stronger than the other? Does one last longer?

johnnys_girl09 said:
I know this seems really out of the blue..:lol:

BUT. I was wondering what the difference between Eau de Parfum and Eau de Toilette? Is one stronger than the other? Does one last longer?

It has to do with the actual perfume concentration the final product has, it goes something like this:

-Eau de toilette: from 1 to 7 percent of perfume (yes, a huge part of the actual liquid is alcohol)
-Eau de parfum: from 7 to 15 percent of perfume.
-Essence de parfum (those extremely expensive, and small quantity ml versions of perfumes, like Tom Ford´s 15 ml Black orchid at 600 dollars:( from 15 to 40 percent of perfume.

so, as bigger the concentration of perfume, the longer its staying power, that´s why usually Eau de parfum versions are a bit more expensive than eau de toilette ones and last more hours.

Gucci Pour Homme II

Gucci will introduce Gucci Pour Homme II next March:

Woody and spicy...The scent has top notes of bergamot and violet leaves, a heart of pimento, black tea and cinnamon and base notes of olive wood, tobacco leaves, musk and myrrh. [Markus] Strobel said the formula is aimed at hitting "the sweet spot" between providing a "fresh, easy to wear' ambience, "a masculine sensuality" and a "distinct, memorable" sensation. (via Women's Wear Daily)

so i know there is a new Abercrombie fragrance called Classic. i hope they do not discontinue my favorite one which is 8..i just checked online and for some reason they dont have 3.4 oz bottles of 8 anymore. does anyone know anything about that?

Givenchy Lovely Prism

P177403_hero.jpg

This floral, fruity, green scent is for the sophisticated young woman and the young at heart. Everything from the pretty pink blend of ripe fruits, soft blossoms, and warm woods to the luxurious, diamond-inspired, heavy glass bottle, makes Lovely Prism the ultimate burst of girly energy.
Notes:
Tangerine, Frozen Apple, Blackcurrant Berries, Apple Blossom, Magnolia, Peony, Aubepine Hawthorne, Orris Iris, Sandalwood.
Style:
Feminine. Young. Soft.

sephora.com

Beauty Beat: Gwen Stefani Dives Into Fragrance

NEW YORK — Coty Prestige took the phrase “making a splash” quite literally Monday afternoon during the unveiling of Gwen Stefani’s first fragrance, called L.

Held poolside at Soho House, the event featured two Olympians doing water ballet and a charmingly modest — and frank — Stefani, clad head to toe in her L.A.M.B. line.

“This is the first time I’ve been away from Kingston [her 10-month-old son],” she said, surveying a room packed with beauty editors. Turning playful, she said, “I’ve been upstairs pumping like a mad cow! I hope they let me bring it on the plane!”

Later, during a one-on-one interview, Stefani made it clear that she’s grateful for her success, both musically and otherwise.

“It’s sort of amazing to go from selling fragrances [as Stefani did before hitting it big in music] to having one of my own,” she said. “I certainly never expected it when I was selling Borghese and Ultima II at the Broadway!”

Stefani’s hit it big in more ways than one — of that, there’s no doubt. Her four-year-old clothing line has surpassed $100 million in sales and, in addition to her upcoming fragrance and a best-selling handbag collection, she’s hard at work designing watches and shoes. Eyewear, denim and innerwear will be added in 2008. It’s possible that Stefani, a self-proclaimed makeup lover usually sporting her trademark red lips, might someday tackle the color cosmetics category — although it won’t be anytime soon, she said. “I’ve got more than enough to do right now,” she said, noting that she will begin touring early next month. She’s also planning on filming an appearance for “American Idol” next week.

Stefani’s fragrance, created with Firmenich, has top notes of sparkling green freshness, leafy water hyacinth, white freesia, fresh pear and violet leaves; a heart of jasmine petals, rose, lily of the valley, sweet pea and orange blossom, and a drydown of frangipani blossom, peach skin, heliotrope flower and sensual musk.

“My mom had sweet peas in the yard growing up,” said Stefani, who grew up in Anaheim, Calif., as one of four children. “I wanted this fragrance to be light, fresh and clean. I want people to say, ‘I want to smell like that.’

Why L? “It’s the first letter in L.A.M.B., and it stands for love,” said Stefani. And it will always be memorable to her for other reasons: “It’s always going to remind me of this time in my life, of giving birth to my son and the [apparel] line and everything else. It’s always going to be special to me.”

That said, Stefani made it clear that she’s not going to settle for just one scent.

“I’m currently working on five fragrances,” she said. “But this one is intended to be the classic.”

The L collection comprises eaux de parfum in two sizes, 1.7 ounces for $55 and 3.4 ounces for $70, as well as a 6.7-oz. body lotion, $32; a 6.7-oz. shower gel, $30, and a 3-gram solid perfume compact, $42.

Stefani, in collaboration with Coty Prestige, created the bottle and the carton. The bottle’s focal point is a large gold cap of interlocking Ls, which pulls off to reveal an interior of turquoise blue. Underneath the cap, the bottle is Rasta red, yellow and green with a turquoise actuator. The carton is a cheetah print with a black stripe and a stylized L. The inside of the box is striped in black and white, with the fragrance’s tag line, “I want you all over me,” printed inside. (The line is from Stefani’s song “Crash.”)

Dennis Keogh, senior vice president of U.S. marketing for Coty Prestige, noted that Nordstrom will have a six-week exclusive on the scent, beginning in July. The retailer, said to be the largest L.A.M.B. apparel account, plans to do pop-up store-in-store displays at launch. The remainder of the doors, about 2,000 department and specialty store doors, will begin selling L in September. While none of the executives would discuss sales or advertising spending, industry sources estimated that L would do about $30 million at retail in its first year on counter and estimated that about $15 million would be spent on advertising and promotion. Both national print and TV advertising are planned for the scent, both — naturally — featuring Stefani.

The TV shoot, with video director Sophie Muller, was “hell on Earth,” said Stefani cheerfully. But not because of Muller, who has shot nearly all of Stefani’s videos: it was more the atmosphere, which involved being in a chilly swimming pool from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. sans stand-in. But she’s happy with the result — a 30-second spot currently being assembled, which marks the first time Stefani’s done a commercial. “We have enough great material for a three-minute commercial,” said Stefani. She’s equally pleased with the print campaign, shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott.

“It’s always been a fantasy of mine to work with Mert and Marcus, and they surpassed my expectations,”
said Stefani. In fact, the shoot in Ibiza produced not just one, but a handful of images of Stefani and the fragrance, which will be rotated among the fashion, beauty and lifestyle magazines and will begin running the ads in September, said Catherine Walsh, senior vice president, American Fragrances for Coty Prestige.

“I’m kind of embarrassed by how much I enjoyed creating this fragrance,” said Stefani with a laugh, calling it “a slow-cooking reduction of everything I’ve done so far.”

“It’s another way to say who I am,” said Stefani. “I love this one so much I’m not sure what I’m going to come up with for the next one.”

nodoubtweb.com

*bump*

Marc Jacobs Lemon Splash
from nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com:
Marc Jacobs has launched Lemon Splash, the latest in the brand's limited edition Splash collection:

MARC JACOBS Lemon captures a slice of summer with the fresh, bright scent of sun-drenched citrus. Deliciously vibrant and sophisticated, lemon revitalizes the senses with its crispness and vitality. Fragrant, light and refreshing—a burst of sparkling sunshine comprised of the finest, most elegant ingredients. At the heart of the fragrance is iced Italian lemon orpur, the purest form of oil hand-pressed from fragrant Italian lemons. This crisp citrus note mingles with mandarin and honeysuckle to create a sweet radiance. Cotton musk, white vetiver and spring-water amber round out the balance of notes with smooth sensuality.

Marc Jacobs Lemon Splash is available now at Nordstrom in 300 ml ($68); Rain Splash and Cucumber Splash have also been relaunched.
Other recent additions to the Splash collection: Fig Splash & Gardenia Splash

I really want to try Splash Cotton and get Splash Grass .. but I can't seem to find them anywhere.. how long are these 'Splashes' usually on the marked ? Anyone know?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kate Moss Summer time
View attachment 430916
from nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com:
Kate Moss will launch Kate Moss Summer time, a new limited edition fragrance for women, this coming April.
Summer time features notes of neroli, bitter orange, blackberry, galbanum, rose, peony, wisteria, bellflower, mahogany, tonka bean and musk.
Kate Moss Summer time will be available in 15 and 30 ml Eau de Toilette.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->