Perry Ellis

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by helena, Apr 22, 2004.

1. stylegurrl

stylegurrl New Member

You're welcome softgrey :flower:

I can't believe this story :( . They really haven't given Patrick a chance. I have heard nothing but good reviews of his designs-what more do these people want from him. :unsure:

2. Atelier

Atelier Hoppity Hop

3. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

thx atelier...i completely missed that... :huh:

i can't believe they want it even more mainstream than it already is... :rolleyes:

4. stylegurrl

stylegurrl New Member

5. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

merged :flower:

i so agree with softgrey, stylegurrl & purechris,
    it was such a FRESH and commercial collection,
    :blink: what's wrong with these people :angry:

6. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

i'm sorry...but given the success of lines like marc jacobs (and the myriad of off-shoots like everything in stores like forever 21 and others)...why would a look similar to marc be bad...is lauren ralph lauren a whirlwind success in middle america or something?

7. softgrey

YES!!!... it is!!!...and there's not much competition for that market...EVERYONE is trying to be like marc jacobs and they are all going to wind up putting each other out of business because there aren't enough customers to go around...

8. clay

clay New Member

:( Damn shame these folks only, only want instant money!! let the boy do his
    Thing like SG said. I say keep the direction its going in yet dummy up the line with more volume pieces
    Ala plain *** denim, shirts, baby polo's, cardigans, t-shirts blah, blah,ect. Almost two lines in one.
    Then they will make that 100m into 200m. They want a branded line, give em one Patrick.Then use that street cred you built up and get new backing for your stuff!!!!

9. Atelier

Atelier Hoppity Hop

He's out of there. From today's WWD.

10. helena

helena Swim Upstream

I saw some of this at Harvey Nichols recently & I thought it was pretty bad - one (very small) step up from Gap. Not that I think Gap is so bad it is good enough for basics.....

11. purechris

purechris no photos, no photos

Sad that they couldn't get along and turn it around. GOOD for him to leave for another position that will recognize his talent.

Thx for the update Atalier :flower:

12. softgrey

thank you so much for posting this atelier...

so he's moving to paris?...who's at nina ricci again?...weren't they doing a good job if i remember correctly...?

rosemary rodriguez at rabanne was very up down...some amazing and some just odd...

damn!...these fashion houses sure have revolving doors these days...!
    i guess this is what it's going to be like now that big corporations own the houses and designer's aren't working under their own names as much anymore...

the ever evolving world of high fashion... :rolleyes: :lol:

13. softgrey

bump...does anyone have any info regarding where patrick robinson is going?... :flower:

14. softgrey

from wwd...

“We’re very disappointed,” said Robert Burke, senior vice president of fashion and p.r. at Bergdorf Goodman, which was planning to host a launch party for the line during the February fashion week. “We were excited about the collection and thought it had an original point of view. It’s a shame when there are so many American houses and we see one is not being revitalized to its furthest extent.”
    Joan Kaner, senior vice president and fashion director of Neiman Marcus, said the store had invested in Robinson’s talent, despite the price point of the collection, which was lower than most of the designer brands carried by the store.
    Kaner had mixed emotions over Robinson’s decision to leave, but said, “If they weren’t going to do what he wanted them to do, which was upgrade the collection, I think he was right to leave.”

15. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

how did I miss this?!!!!! Am so sad. Sorry to hear that you didn't like Helena. I still love but agree that seeing it on runway and seeing it in person is different. Either way I love how he revitalized the label. People at perry ellis are crazy, even if robinson just got them better brand recognition in the fashion world. Oh well. Am curious to know where he would go. Rabanne would be very interesting.