Phoebe Philo - Designer

Well, it certainly seems for good reason she's been hesitating all this time, since these clothes hardly add anything to the conversation of what her copyists have done during her absence and how other designers like Lemaire or The Row have moved the conversation for modern minimalism to other places. This is really Celine by Phoebe Philo by the text book. She certainly has authority among fashion connaisseurs but when people praised her higher than Jil Sander for more or less the same achievements in fashion, it was clear to me that was not justified.

Nothing wrong about her point of view and I always thought she looked awesome in her own designs but to me she's never been the visionairy people wanted to see in her...

The mum silver necklace and two pairs of glassed are already sold out

She is still the leader of the pack!
I knew it was going to be expensive but the prices of the coats and jackets really made me stop.
But it’s very good, very her for Celine but maybe more streamlined. I still love how she can have a very extravagant piece look casual.

I hate shopping under the pressure and giving how so many sizes are already sold out, I feel like I should collect myself and process it before buying.

I really love the popelin oversized tshirts, the fuzzy skirts, the fabulous red dress , the zipped and chenille pants and the sunglasses.
I still hate the prices brands are charging for costume jewelry but overall I think the prices reflects quite well her positioning. Her reach is large but her audience is very niche in a way.

That site is annoying and the little I can see looks so horrid but can some compassionate soul bring it all here for the love of god? :womankneeling:

feels like we’re sort of past the zeitgeist she’s still designing for (which obviously she introduced). also this bag price made me laugh out loud. with bags especially sometimes I have to remember that a literal piece of plastic could hold my things just the same.

IMG_2106.jpeg

feels like we’re sort of past the zeitgeist she’s still designing for (which obviously she introduced). also this bag price made me laugh out loud. with bags especially sometimes I have to remember that a literal piece of plastic could hold my things just the same.

View attachment 1239840
Never mind the Gig Bags are better and I snatched one in red and one in black... So Xmas gifts sorted !!

I looked through everything twice but can't find anything appealing. some pieces are really horrid. very disappointing

It felt like a well-curated second-hand old Celine e-shop. A collection for nostalgics.

From a purely fashion perspective, there is a lot of desirable pieces and I like that they all have this sort of elevated normality. The pricing is... what we expected I guess.

Her biggest curse is that she's been vampirized by so many that I ddn't see anything that I thought I wouldn't be able to buy from anyone else already present on the market. The knits, I can get from The Row etc.

I predict it will sell out in a few hours or days because the US is still waking up due to time difference. She gave us what we expected and what is unmistakingly her signature and why she was so beloved. But it's years too late, and it doesn't feel as forward as it felt when she was at Celine.

I'll keep following, but I'm not rushing to get anything.

I am sure Victoria Beckham, Proenze Schouler, and other designers have bought up her collection to be inspired by. The main look which I liked was the giant 80s Montana style Bomber jacket, paired with black high waisted parallels. I wish there was a show though

Never mind the Gig Bags are better and I snatched one in red and one in black... So Xmas gifts sorted !!
You did good!
Seeing how fast everything was selling, I jumped under pressure!
So popelin white oversized T-shirt and black hand combed miniskirt bought for me. Xmas party outfit sorted!

I really need her to have some sort of retail presence in the future because I can’t!

Thank god the Asian market wasn’t opened for the first release. They would have been sold out in 1hour!

I think by the end of the week, everything will be sold out.

You did good!
Seeing how fast everything was selling, I jumped under pressure!
So popelin white oversized T-shirt and black hand combed miniskirt bought for me. Xmas party outfit sorted!

I really need her to have some sort of retail presence in the future because I can’t!

Thank god the Asian market wasn’t opened for the first release. They would have been sold out in 1hour!

I think by the end of the week, everything will be sold out.
I scanned super fast, but felt immediately disappointed by the bags, especially the tote bags, as am shopping for women around me.
Those shoes, the "club loathers", and most of the clothes are very welcomed though. It's a hard competition with The Row.

I think it was hard to beat the extreme expectation that she herself (unwisely, IMO) raised around her comeback, whatever she was going to do.
The feeling is that she picked up exactly were she left off, as if six years never passed in the meantime. There is no new proposition in this, and I find it hard to digest this hard fact after the whole hoolabaloo of the last few months.

I scanned super fast, but felt immediately disappointed by the bags, especially the tote bags, as am shopping for women around me.
Those shoes, the "club loathers", and most of the clothes are very welcomed though. It's a hard competition with The Row.
I agree, I found the bags to be the most underwhelming part. Especially at that price level. Maybe due to the photography in the e-shop they kind of fell flat and the materials didn't really look that great.

Generally I think the lookbook images were really strong, well photographed and a pleasure to look at.
Surely she is not re-inventing the wheel but the execution is nearly flawless.

All TFS members who have bought items, please report back on quality of your items. I'm so curious how well made it is.

My analysis:
Promotion of the collection: Terrible. Photos which welcome customer on the first glance - screaming: a middle-aged woman has a crisis discovers instagram and forcefully wants to be a super, rave version of a fashion icon.

Products: Shoes the best, a very interesting proposition. Gigi bags the best, but it makes me wonder if using suede inside is a good idea. It looks interesting, but not functional. Pants clothes the worst, you can see the excess of form over substance. Interesting thread with this special order coat, which is manufactured in Madagascar. Lookbook - good, you can see the goods.

Manifesto in the impact category: typical corpo speech. If you want to be ecogreen and transparent then you give the exact names of the factories where it is produced. Only a few company do this for known reasons, but if you want to pose as enlightened then you should be consistent.

Sales form: Adequate for today's times. It is known that they chose one to collect customer data and compare with other LVMH bases.It will come in handy when planning stores or pop-up stores someday. Now the question remains whether they have invested in logistics and everything will be delivered quickly.

Minus in the manifesto is the theme of conscious consumption. How is a customer supposed to make an informed choice when they haven't had access to pictures of merchandise before and have to make quick decisions and fight dopamine and other customers (FOMO vibe).With this form of selling merchandise, if they were honest the photos would be a week earlier and the customer could focus on what he wants most.

Branding: There is no interesting story in this. We have expensive products supposedly with high-end materials, but why should I believe it. There should be at least one video with her, where she talks about why quality is important to her, why she chose such and not another leather for the bag.

5/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
girlswallowedearth
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->