Picture Me: A Model's Diary (Documentary Film)

The German version of the DVD is out know and I had the chance to watch it at work today. To be quite honest, after everything I read about it I felt a little disappointed with what it actually reveals. It's honest and definitely makes you think but apart from a few scenes that leave you kind of speechless it is very tame and "adjusted". In the end all I could think was "poor little rich girl, too much time on your hands, too much money to spend and still no inspiration after all you've done and seen". It's a nasty thought, I know, but I can't help it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sara said it after the debut in Taiwan, " don't be that negative to this industry, we just managed it focusing on the cruel side of modeling. you know after all these, we really enjoy this industry. if now back to the begining of my career, I'd still love to do modeling."

The German version of the DVD is out know and I had the chance to watch it at work today. To be quite honest, after everything I read about it I felt a little disappointed with what it actually reveals. It's honest and definitely makes you think but apart from a few scenes that leave you kind of speechless it is very tame and "adjusted". In the end all I could think was "poor little rich girl, too much time on your hands, too much money to spend and still no inspiration after all you've done and seen". It's a nasty thought, I know, but I can't help it.
I believe there was a lot of stuff she wanted to include but had to leave out at the request of the models she'd interviewed and/or for legal reasons.
Its very telling that some key fashion media including magazines, blogs and model websites have been very very quiet about her film. She's up against a monster and I can't help thinking she's being anything but inspirational.

Just a heads up, if you are a Netflix member you can now stream Picture Me for free.

hint:
someone had uploaded full MOVIE online, but I cant leak download links here, for copyright.

^could you pm me the link or smth ? id really like to see it

I have a question, does anyone know the name of the song that plays in the beginning, during the titles, it's not even a song, it's just music. I'd appreciate the help.
As for the movie itself, watched it last night on amazon video on demand. I liked it, and to be honest with you guys it's not that negative as you imagine it to be. I loved Sara, she seems to be very humble and smart, someone i'd like to be friends with. However, Sara's life as a model is not that bad, trust me. She is successful, she has her own hotel rooms and drivers, she has her bf traveling with her, so her "working conditions" are not as bad as those of less successful girls'. Trust me I've seen 8 16-17 year olds in a small model apartment during NY fashion week all crying at the same time in the living room in the evening because of the rejection. It is very heartbreaking.

Music by two New York artists Jordan Galland and band Morningwood (it was written on beginning and ending credits) but you cannot find any instrumental of these two, I tried and zero search results.

---

I watched this. Chapters? called "NEW/OLD ZOMBIE" and "YOUTH" are definitely not amusing for me. :(

Thanks mkamelg, I tried those artists combined and separately but couldn't find it as well :( Thanks for searching though :smile:

I have a question, does anyone know the name of the song that plays in the beginning, during the titles, it's not even a song, it's just music. I'd appreciate the help.
As for the movie itself, watched it last night on amazon video on demand. I liked it, and to be honest with you guys it's not that negative as you imagine it to be. I loved Sara, she seems to be very humble and smart, someone i'd like to be friends with. However, Sara's life as a model is not that bad, trust me. She is successful, she has her own hotel rooms and drivers, she has her bf traveling with her, so her "working conditions" are not as bad as those of less successful girls'. Trust me I've seen 8 16-17 year olds in a small model apartment during NY fashion week all crying at the same time in the living room in the evening because of the rejection. It is very heartbreaking.

aw that's so sad :(
it's quite heartbraking that some of the girls live like that
I agree, sara had it pretty good
she was staying in gorgeous hotels, making huge sums of money, getting chauffeured around and being treated very nicely by her agents. She didn't seem to really see the dark side of the industry!
I enjoyed the film, though it wasn't as raw as I was expecting.

I liked it.

very Honest. You know movie doesnt show only 'bad' or 'good' side of modelling. It lets to ppl decided by themselfs how it is...

Watched the movie on iTunes, you can buy it or rent it. Very eye opening and honest. Worth a watch.

Hey guys so just watched the film a few days ago and I had some questions that were not answered in the film. The blond girl who Sara is really good friends with(sorry cant think of her name now) says that she is debt to the agency and on her credit card and that she is always trying to catch that big break. Well what if that big break never comes? Like say your agency paid to send you to Paris and Milan and paid for all of these test shoots, but in your whole career you never end up booking anything big... then what happens? Does your debt to the agency get cleared out as soon as your contract expires or they decide to let you go or do you have to pay for all of those things yourself afterward?

^I believe that girls need to give back the money anyway. Agencies works with so many girls and they are not able to just let them go, when theirs contracts expire. Only few girls are able to have a big break and actually make some money for themselves and the agencies. They wouldn't be able to work, if they was taking money only from girls, who got big and famous. I also think, that agencies are helping them to get some let important stuff and just ear money and pay off all debts.

i saw this a few months ago and it was pretty good. not the best documentary, but it was very real and powerful. you really understood how Sara Ziff felt throughout the whole film. also, not even kidding, a few days after i watched it, i saw a girl in my school who totally looked like Caitriona Balfe hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->