Piperlime- Gap's new shoe website

E

em 692

from the Detroit Free Press...

Gap has gone into the shoe business, launching a fun and festive e-commerce site called piperlime.com

The site features about 100 brands of shoes for men, women and kids -- Kenneth Cole, Via Spiga, Dr. Martens -- though Gap plans to add more.

The selection includes everything from flip-flops to evening pumps, and it's extremely sharp and current. Prices start at about $20 and go past $300.

"The main difference between Piperlime and other shoe Web sites is that we're not looking to have the biggest selection of brands; we're looking to have the best selection," says Alex Clark, spokesman for Gap Inc.

"We're constantly looking for the latest trends and styles ... It's what our customers told us they wanted."

So if you're a fan of the Gap's fashion sensibility and the lifestyle the store promotes, piperlime.com may be just the place for you. (If you want to buy shoes made by Gap or by its sister store, Banana Republic, you'll need to hit those stores or their Web sites; Piperlime doesn't carry them.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very strange. Why would they start a site that carries the competition? Very strange, and I dont trust Gap's sense of style at all, I can imagine everything being super-frump.

It's not too bad, nothing Zappos doesn't have Im sure.

What is the point of this?

The point seems to be nothing more than racking in more money than they already have. Otherwise, what the hell? This seems extremely random. lol

yeah I was going to post about this when I saw it on the gap website the other day but it just seemed pointless. I don't know why they are bothering b/c I think most people who buy these shoes will stick to zappos.

I actually found a pair of shoes that I had been looking for in my size and ordered them. The best part was that I could pay with my banana republic card and used a credit from them. It was super easy. Zappos didn't have my size in them.

well good for you marcy248! I just don't see how this will benefit the masses. I'm sticking to zappos.

*Happiness* said:
well good for you marcy248! I just don't see how this will benefit the masses. I'm sticking to zappos.

Well, maybe there's some other people with big feet looking for that pair too! Zappos is still #1 for me too.

Cute site, much more attractive than Zappos....

.....but the shoes seem pretty pricey considering it's a Gap-supported site.

Yawn on the mens style but gap cant dress a man shouldnt expect them to outfit his feet well either

marcy248 said:
Well, maybe there's some other people with big feet looking for that pair too! Zappos is still #1 for me too.

:lol: I love zappos to, just pretty convenient for me.

ya i'm not really sold on this (yet - never say never when it comes to shoes and bags :lol:). looked kinda skimpy on the selection and not that great prices, but i guess we shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clubmissy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->