Valentino for the Gap

I don't know how I feel about the long jacket with the ruffles...maybe its detachable and it ends up looking like the sketch? I hope it comes in another color too D:

ruffles ruffles ruffles
too much ruffles, don't you think so, Valentino?

The collection will be available at Colette on November 29, 2010

valentino-gap.jpg

handbagsfiles

I think I've seen the full collection now, and it's rather small. There's literally only about 10 separate pieces?

^ Looks like they're really keen on establishing Valentino as the new house-of-ruffles. Not that I mind of course, the jacket and coat are quite beautiful, even if it is the most hideous colour I've ever seen. Meanwhile those pants are....uncanny, to say the least. I know it's meant to be a more commercial line and all but WHO in their right mind would pick cargo pants for Valentino? I hope Garavani isn't looking at this.

god, those ruffle cargo pants are a tragedy on epic levels.

this whole collection just looks like they took Gap basics (which get a lot of hate here, but are very wearable and popular) and added an excess of ruffles.

I'm absolutely agree - this pants are devil's creation! But another pieces look good. And I support masquerade. It's looks like math equation - Valentino + Gap = this. Smells like Lanvin for H&M.

the dress looks nice... and the cropped jacket with ruffles. pass on everything else really.

everything is boring - borderline ugly (those pants wtf - and most of all, everything looks like it'll be SO unflattering

All I keep seeing is the coat, jacket, skirt and trousers. Oh and that grey marl t-shirt. Is that actually all of the collection?

I've expected this. Boring and colourless. I like the jacket from last picture (the short one with long sleeves). Did you notice the shoes from the same picture? Awful! But... It could be worse.

So Valentino for Gap is just adding an explosion of ruffles onto basic pieces of clothing.

Gap does go high heels, Pierre Hardy does them a lot for the Design Editions collection. However those shoes aren't Gap that are in the shots there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->