Valentino for the Gap

Does anyone know the prices of the pieces?

It depend what you want to buy, the hite blose cost 39 pounds, the leather skirt 129 pounds, army parka with ruffles 149,95 pounds and the second scit 69,95 pounds.

I really like this skirt with bow :-) I like them on pic but some things look completly different in nature so at first I have to see them :-)

I would just like to point out that I've had to dab my eyes twice while reading these comments, I could not stop laughing!

Other than that I've already seen the collection and knew when I heard(like many of you) this was a collaboration from the pits of despiration. The only thing meekly redeemable about this collab is that cropped number... and that one is boarderline to me.

I'm kinda stunned that you're going to do Valentino with no Valentino Red... I would've hoped that since for the first time they did denim for the SS11 season, and Valentino had never done denim before they would do a bit more denim here... I mean it is Gap. I really feel like at the end they took the Gap aesthetic and added a Valentino ruffle and called it Valentino for Gap.

Alber on the other hand took Lanvin, and used it to create Lanvin for the H&M collection. I don't even feel right comparing the collaborations, the difference is that stark.

Ugh, it's like there's just no appreciation for fine fashion anymore. I know the economy isn't doing so brilliantly at the moment but there's just no room for the art of luxury anymore. Companies and businesses will sacrifice anything for money, even if it means diluting the prestige of a revolutionary fashion house like Valentino.

this debate was brought up in my classroom a couple of months ago, and my teacher, who was the winner of the fashion show, ana, told us this, which is obvious, but true. she said that when a designer such as rodarte or lanvin collaborate with a mainstream retailer such as target in rodartes case and lanvin with h&m, its mostly about the money. you dont make much money with all the couture and higher end pieces. these designers and fashion houses need to make money too. at the end of the day, this is a business and people need to get paid for the lifestyle they live or wish to live.

from the fans perspective, this is always exciting. the turnout at h&m for the lanvin collection was massive. i have a friend who works at the flagship in nyc and they said it was absolute chaos all day long. people like to feel as if they are wearing designer pieces without the designer prices, which is why we buy into these collaborations so much. either way it wont matter. it will sell and people will make money.

^ Lanvin for H&M is brilliant! Simply because Alber has kept the house's integrity while still offering the public reasonably priced pieces. The womenswear is fantastic because you look at it and think "Yes! This is Lanvin", and buy it taking with you the Lanvin woman. But this collection from Valentino is just pathetic. I don't think in the history of Valentino have we ever seen cargo pants! So to introduce them in this collection for the Gap is not to introduce Valentino but a gross mutation of it. I'm sure better pieces could have been used for this collaboration (as Elbaz did for H&M), but it seems they just aren't interested in maintaining the prestige that the house stands for.

Wtf? Valentino is a brand that needs to be left alone. When I think of Valentino, I think of luxurious clothing and the prestige that goes with this wonderful fashion house. Plus, of all places they could of gone with, they went with Gap.

What's going to be next, Givenchy and Top Shop? -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
imo Valentino could have done a collaboration, why not? it's just that they picked the wrong partner.

GAP is really known for making basics and using the same fabrics. Target is all polyester and prints.

H&M is imo the only company which does their best to honor the collaborating company's aesthetics and vision.

well...
predictably...this is a disaster...:ermm:...

but there was never really any doubt in my mind...
:innocent:...

why the fudge am i just hearing about this now. when can the collection be bought? i need the ruffle coat!!!

im pissed! just found out it's only available in europe. not fair to get my hopes up like this.

I think you can buy them off of Colette or something and they'll ship to the US

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->