Poll: Most Reasonably Priced Designer?

ultramarine said:
Write another one down for Benetton .. great for basics ... the colors wont ever fade and where else can you get a good leather jacket for $200 aprx?

Of course how could I have forgotten Benetton!

I agree with kLm...Just some thoughts...

Sweatshop manufactured clothes are never "reasonable", as the slave labor is part of the price we pay. If you ask me, such a cost is way too high, no matter the quality.

I don't think overadvertized, logocentric brands are "reasonable" either, unless you actually want to pay money to have your critical skills zapped out...

A reasonable price-tag and a reasonable buy are two completely different things as well...(although I'll shut my mouth about that...:innocent: :P )

I'd be able to judge if an item was reasonably priced if I knew exactly what went into the production, with best possible quality and cost performance at the lowest possible price.

I really don't know for sure, but by that criteria...relatively speaking...if we're talking designer, I guess I would go with APC and Dries.

Besides designer and given the choice, I'd go with local, traditional and artisanal clothing anyday! :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Melisande said:

Sweatshop manufactured clothes are never "reasonable", as the slave labor is part of the price we pay. If you ask me, such a cost is way too high, no matter the quality.

i agree with you sweatshops are so wrong !!!

Melisande said:

I agree- though from what I've heard, some designers are beginning to export thier manufacture to third world countries- correct me if I'm wrong

Melisande said:

I don't think overadvertized, logocentric brands are "reasonable" either, unless you actually want to pay money to have your critical skills zapped out...

A reasonable price-tag and a reasonable buy are two completely different things as well...(although I'll shut my mouth about that...:innocent: :P )

I'd be able to judge if an item was reasonably priced if I knew exactly what went into the production, with best possible quality and cost performance at the lowest possible price.

I really don't know for sure, but by that criteria...relatively speaking...if we're talking designer, I guess I would go with APC and Dries.

Besides designer and given the choice, I'd go with local, traditional and artisanal clothing anyday! :heart:

beautiful :heart:

i have to say Max Mara, defenitely. It's worth the price, most of times and the stuff is gorgeous.

I agree with those who have mentioned APC and Dries.

I would personally add Miu Miu and Vanessa Bruno.

acne, margela, apc, miss sixty (their new winterline 06/07 is so cute), cheap monday

stilettogirl84 said:
Honestly, I don't think any designers are affordable or reasonably priced.

Growing up poor (apparently acording to most TFS ers standards) my mom bought my clothes at wal-mart; my shoes from payless. if we were going to spend a lot- we went to JC Penny.

I never thought I was underpriviledged or poor.

Now that I'm buying my own clothes, I feel luxuriant that I mostly shop at stores like Jcrew and Banana Republic! And if I get designer shoes from saks- well it's a special treat, and I cherish those manolos!

but I think that anyone who says that anything designer could be considered reasonable is deluded. Despite the difference in quality, and craftsmanship- shoes from payless and shoes from prada CANNOT be so different in manufacture cost that the pradas are worth 25 times as much- even exotic skins are not That valuable.

Basically I feel like anything designer is a luxury- it is something you buy to treat yourself- something to add an edge to your already extant wardrobe. the way I look at it is- I don't accept that 1000.00 is a reasonable price for a top- I accept that I want the top so badly that I'm willing to pay 1000.00 for it.

Just my thoughts

Karma to you!!!

As much as I hate the attitude and environment, Hollister jeans (okay, not so designer, but whatever) have proven to be very much worth the money you spend, if not a bargain.

Like stilletogirl was, I am a teen that is far from wealthy. To me, Hollister is pretty high up on the store chains :innocent:

im not a big fan of hollister but i love there jeans !! they look like u would be buying your moneys worth :flower:

stilettogirl84 said:
Honestly, I don't think any designers are affordable or reasonably priced.

Growing up poor (apparently acording to most TFS ers standards) my mom bought my clothes at wal-mart; my shoes from payless. if we were going to spend a lot- we went to JC Penny.

I never thought I was underpriviledged or poor.

Now that I'm buying my own clothes, I feel luxuriant that I mostly shop at stores like Jcrew and Banana Republic! And if I get designer shoes from saks- well it's a special treat, and I cherish those manolos!

but I think that anyone who says that anything designer could be considered reasonable is deluded. Despite the difference in quality, and craftsmanship- shoes from payless and shoes from prada CANNOT be so different in manufacture cost that the pradas are worth 25 times as much- even exotic skins are not That valuable.

Basically I feel like anything designer is a luxury- it is something you buy to treat yourself- something to add an edge to your already extant wardrobe. the way I look at it is- I don't accept that 1000.00 is a reasonable price for a top- I accept that I want the top so badly that I'm willing to pay 1000.00 for it.

Just my thoughts
I love what you wrote. Karma for you! :heart:

thanks Tott, Hapiness, Nader, Shoegal, and Milamar for the karma!!

Apparently My post touched a nerve with a lot of people-

^You're welcome! ^_^

I guess I saw your post as a reality-check... Most things designer are "too expensive", with some rare exceptions. They're hardly necessities.

If you want excellent quality at a (relatively) fair price that'll last a life-time you should look into more traditional "old fashioned" brands and manufacturers really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madame Gres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->