Pom Pom Power

that is so cute. I love the big pom poms.

I attach one huge white pom pom to my white frilly leather bag

lambpg13.jpg

Lamb trousers with pom poms

so glad this thread has been revived...
i need some more pompoms in my life...YAY!!!...

I made a huge navy & pink pom pom last night. Well its too big actually. I made it for the purpose of sewing onto a navy beret (a la one picture posted in the NTC street style thread) but its too big. I will have to find another use for it. I think I will attach it to a handbag......it is very pretty

helena said:
I made a huge navy & pink pom pom last night. Well its too big actually. I made it for the purpose of sewing onto a navy beret (a la one picture posted in the NTC street style thread) but its too big. I will have to find another use for it. I think I will attach it to a handbag......it is very pretty

ok can anyone help me...what should i use as a template fdor the 'ring' of a pom pom to be sewn into a beret (instead of the stalk bit).

any help much appreciated....:flower:

i think you want it to be slightly bigger than a tennis ball...
how about a cd...and then trim as necessary?....

Last edited by a moderator:
I useda cd the other night but I think its too big - should i just keep trimming away?

I love the dior pompom shoes so much, CUTE

helena said:
I useda cd the other night but I think its too big - should i just keep trimming away?

maybe...or how about a can then...?
i find that it also depends on your yarn...
i used really thin and really fat yarn and the pom poms came out different sizes even though i used the same template...
so there's a couple of factors...

i have fat yarn. fat fat fat. i'm going to try again tonight with a small cup as a template - I am running out of cardboard though. your NYC pics have been so inspiring my dear!

helena said:
i have fat yarn. fat fat fat. i'm going to try again tonight with a small cup as a template - I am running out of cardboard though. your NYC pics have been so inspiring my dear!
fat yarn is good...it takes less time to make a pom...
glad you're enjoying the ny street style thread...

i love people watching...B)

ok made another pom pom last night using the cup as a template - still too big....so I went toJohn Lewis after work & bought a pompom maker & two new balls of wool - charcoal & aubergine. one last try.

You guys are great and creative!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love all of your creations! They are great!!! :flower:

made two more pom poms last night - a dark grey one which I attahed to my beret (and looks lovely) and a mini purple one (dunno what to do with it though). I also attached the two huge ones i made to a large leather vanessa bruno bag I have - it looks really cool. I wish I could take a pic to post.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->