'poor' Alber Elbaz

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
ALBER MAKES IT-from vogue.uk

ONCE habitually referred to as "poor Alber Elbaz" after being unceremoniously dumped by YSL Rive Gauche after two seasons and then, shortly afterwards, by Krizia, the new man at Lanvin has clearly found his feet. Having transformed the image of the tired but historic Parisian house with five season's worth of gorgeous, jewelled dresses and chic trench coats, the Moroccan-born designer is apparently being considered to take over from Michael Kors at Celine or Julien Macdonald at Givenchy. But his newly-cultivated legion of Lanvin fans, which includes Nicole Kidman, Cate Blanchett, Liv Tyler, Chloe Sevigny and Kate Moss, want him to stay right where he is. Having infused the intricate, feminine dresses for which Jeanne Lanvin was famous with modern details and a luxurious couture feel, Elbaz has created pieces that his customers quite literally fall in love with. "I don't know how it feels to wear a silk dress with a slit to the thigh," he told The Daily Telegraph. "I am not a drag queen running around the showroom at midnight - but I talk to women all the time and ask them what they want." But whatever his level of success, Elbaz will always remain grounded by the memory of less happy days. "The night before [this] show, I was looking at the collection and looking for errors," he said. "Perfection is a very dangerous thing because where do you go from there? I still get upset now if I get a bad review and you have to remember what I went through before." (March 16 2004,

he's the hottest 'ticket' in Paris..

i was a bit surprised to see they want him
both for Givenchy and for Celine...
praying he will stay where he is,
lanvin suits him so well and i dont think
he'd like to move to another house at this point

Good he's found his niche ... the thing's I personally think of him as poor Alber. Hope he shines like a super-star soon! :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 17th, 2004 - 4:26 pm
"I don't know how it feels to wear a silk dress with a slit to the thigh," he told The Daily Telegraph. "I am not a drag queen running around the showroom at midnight - but I talk to women all the time and ask them what they want."
:lol: I really like him, I loved him at YSL and at Krizia and now at Lanvin he's perfect there, one of my favourite designers now. He looks like a big sweet cuddly teddy bear :blush: I'm not surprised I don't think that they wanted him for Celine and Givenchy - both of those houses are not as high profile as they once were and they want someone who could give it a good kick up the backside like what Elbaz did for Lanvin. Good on him for that, I hope he stays there.

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 17th, 2004 - 8:26 am
after being unceremoniously dumped by YSL Rive Gauche after two seasons and then, shortly afterwards, by Krizia
erhh to put the record straight, Elbaz was certainly NOT dumped by Krizia,
he left Krizia basically because he couldnt stand living in Milano.

i so feel him :P

ps: in tune with Cicciolina, he's one of my most fave designers
j'adore Elbaz :heart:

:heart: :heart: :heart:

he is amazing....

i hope he stays at lanvin. he creates such amazing and modern lines that not only celebrate the house, but also revitalize it. not many designers are able to do that when working with an already established label.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Not only are his fans happy with him at Lanvin and don't want him to leave, but also his/the critics. They were absolutely ecstatic with his Fall 2002 collection.
He definetly should not move, he is perfect there. Leave Givenchy for Grant. :P

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Mar 17th, 2004 - 2:39 pm
i wish they take Martin Grant igni :wink:
latest rumours wanted Grant for Celine and its not even his style

I like his work, as well, and think he could really put Lanvin back on the fashion map. I thought his work for YSL was exceptional and appropriate to the history of the label, but whatever politics played against him... It looks like maybe he will have the freedom and clout he needs at Lanvin.

i've said it before, but i don't think anyone is making clothes as elegantly as elbaz at lanvin...while fashion upheval may be good for the fashion gossip columns, i think that people need to settle down and actually show us that they can do what they do for more than a couple of years before flopping houses (as much as i HATE galliano's mode of operation at dior, his track record over the past several years proves he's a hitmaker).

Originally posted by Lena+Mar 17th, 2004 - 6:51 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Mar 17th, 2004 - 6:51 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ignitioned32@Mar 17th, 2004 - 2:39 pm
i wish they take Martin Grant igni :wink:
latest rumours wanted Grant for Celine and its not even his style [/b][/quote]
Ditto. :flower: They should put someone in the same vein as Michael Kors there. Probably a Proenza Schouler without hype. :wink:

elber albaz is doing a great job for Lanvin and he is getting smarter and smarter in this biz. I don't think he will do any other label.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->