POP #51 F/W 2024.25

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Cover #1 with Emma Raducanu by Marie Deteneuille:

Cover #2 with Libby Bennett by Charlotte Wales:

It isn't a little early for this?....they are really fast putting together a big issue like that....

I’m getting really excited about Libby’s editorials
I hope I won’t be disappointed

The choice of using this kid is kinda odd, but the rest is good imo
Concept is there! Unfortunately, for me, the kid and her expression ruin it.
I wish it was more of an action shot with her arm moving or holding the gun up or out... more cinematic. It's too stiff/flat.

Whoever put that wig on Libby...

That child looks how many of us feel as we brace ourselves for the barrage of POP covers each spring and fall!
Just what I was thinking. To think we're only on cover #4 out of like 42 🥱.. and they will al look like '42 different ways to brainstorm a cover with the $36k budget we're dividing by 42'.. and the cover stars will be so irrelevant that it will make you wonder just how much it costs to buy a POP cover maybe as a birthday present for your mom or maybe one of your friends cause it really doesn't take a lot to be featured in one..

the Libby cover ... i don't know
the Aliens reference is nice, as the new movie comes out soon
aliens.jpg
filmfinder.dk
... but the child ruins it and this would've been the better inspiration :innocent:
alien-sigourney-weaver-1.jpg

photowall.com

the defense of multi covers was always 'oh well its so hard to get good talent unless we promise them a cover' but now its multi covers of the same talent?? lol i just rly miss the era where the cover of a mag in a given month had to communicate something, this is what we are, and then u could go on iconography and see like a timeline of W or Vogue Italia Vanity fair... u could see month to month through years, whoever got that cover, what they wore how they looked it really represented something-- that whole art is lost

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theseaswell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->