Portfolio Hosting Websites for Designers, Artists, Photographers, Stylists, etc.

I'm very into using online sites and comunities to connect with others. It's already a lot of places where you can put your graphic design work and photography, but I'm interested in places directly linked with fashion, since I'd like to somewhat branch into this and because, in my experience graphic designers aren't the usual fashion crowd. I'm already on IQONS, but doesn't quite like it (too heavy and akward site as of now)

But I'm signing into Dripbook now and looking forward to testing it out :D

Fashion website

Hello people
Whats the best host for a fashion related website that is affordable and has stylish yet functional templates>?
My webmaster is proving to be rather unreliable, I want to do it myself.
Merci...:D

Merged with ongoing thread about this subject.

wow thanks great thread! The only problem with myspace is that non members cant view all the images..or am I mistaken? The ones here though are great both in terms of presentation and convenience. Thanks

I tried dripbook and carbon made and loved them the only problem is that they seem to be rather heavy coz i can hardly open my images. Dripbook has even failed to load the pics...anyone have similar issues?

I tried dripbook and carbon made and loved them the only problem is that they seem to be rather heavy coz i can hardly open my images. Dripbook has even failed to load the pics...anyone have similar issues?

what browser are you using? I know I had some severe problems opening galleries on carbon with Opera, since it handles flash so slowly. Dripbook has worked good for me so far on Opera, but uploading is still pretty slow. The problem of the flash-web-revolution =/

tru...am using opera, should i use internet explorer for uploading?

I have an old antiquated Dell/PC and I use Firefox, I don't have a problem uploading.....plus their working on upgrading and fixing the bugs in Dripbook all the time. You should try it again while it's still the most cost effective online portfolio available. :innocent:

What's the best online portfolio-hosting site?

hi everyone, i couldn't find an existing thread on this topic so hopefully it's not a repeat...mods please delete if so!

i need to upload my portfolio onto a website so i can send potential employers the link to my portfolio. the problem is, i have never done this before and dont' know which websites are the best for this. I would like something that is easy to use, good quality, and preferably FREE since i am unemployed currently (hence, applying to jobs and letting employers see my portfolio).

i looked at places like StylePortfolios and also MuseCube and DeviantArt but i don't know which of these is best, or if any of them are any good at all. and also you have to pay for the first two. are there other websites that are really great for hosting portfolios? is it worth it for me to pay for a site (will the quality be infinitely better than the free ones?)?

thanks for any help!:flower::wink:

ooh thank you!

i just had a look and it seems quite complicated, i have to contact them for an account and they don't have any sample pictures i can look at and there's very little info for me to go on... what is your opinion of your account? is it worth the trouble?

thank you :smile:

Carbonmade.com is also a great portfolio hosting site... u should definately check that out.

^thank you i definitely will! this is a great and very useful thread, i now have a huge list of possible portfolio-hosting sites to sift through...thanks for the help everybody :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->