Prada F/W 2016.17 by Steven Meisel

Crikey!! And here I secretly hoped this to be a joke. I mean, the white borders, amateur composition and botched cut-and-paste job aside, this is still a mess. Looks like it's the beginning of the end for Meisel. Retire, please! So that your esteemed eminence will remain intact.

Ditto, I don't how some people can live in the delusion that he's still as good as he was in the late 90'.

The Good: Vanessa is such a beauty and I'm happy she's back at Prada. I love models with square faces, so I definitely like Caitie. Kiki is not my cup of tea but she look nice.

The Bad: As for the images. They kinda remind me of Prada F/W 99.00 campaign with Lindvall, however the composition is much worst and the background looks even more fake. What is this?

Prada should really dare to give the campaigns to someone else, Willy, although repetitive would fit great into Prada's world; Jamie wouldn't be a bad pick either.

What a weird cast choice... Kiki, really? And Catie is clearly Meisel's newest obsession. But ugh, doesn't fit Prada, imo. (same with Kiki)
The only thinkg I like is Vanessa's shot and that's it.
Btw, where is Lorena? She gotta be part of this!

Vanessa for Prada is always good. I hope there is someone else like Lorena or the stunning Naki Depass since she was an exclusive for the FW16 show..

The models look great, the shots look stunning... But why the cutout? It doesn't add to the campaign. It made it look rushed, forced, and undone. If this were on a plain white background, it would've been striking. But the background eats all away the attention -- not in a good way

I don't like it, looks like this campaign was made in Power Point.

Kiki has zero presence.

Well i'm sorry to say this but Kiki is the only one actually doing something with her face and body here... Catie just stands there and Vanessa looks miserably at someone behind the camera's. As if she's about to say "i'm sorry I need to throw up before we take this shot."

Well i'm sorry to say this but Kiki is the only one actually doing something with her face and body here... Catie just stands there and Vanessa looks miserably at someone behind the camera's. As if she's about to say "i'm sorry I need to throw up before we take this shot."

:woot: Yeeess!!! Never understood Vanessa's appeal.
If they wanted to use their former face Amanda Murphy would've been amazing for this.

13450158_807013042768192_3120453661965015207_n.jpg

www.facebook.com/VanessaAxenteOfficial

You tell it girl! Kiki has tons of presence and her body of work can prove it. Very happy to see her ascend to Prada level. I wrote a rant about this no presence opinion but it got removed by a mod. Hear hear.
Nevertheless this campaign looks utterly dreadful.

Last edited by a moderator:
terrible OMG Prada need fired Meisel Now!!!!

the aurora and starry night background reminds me of the science fiction movies from 80' ,which gives me a nostalgic and surreal vibe at the same time, I think better quality images will do justice to this campaign, and , I wish Fei Fei could be a part of this AD too

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a bit bizarre

their facial expressions? i am not sure what to make of it all

Ughhh. The collection was so stunning, and they showcased it in this way? :/

I'm so disappointed! Don't tell me this is from Meisel!!! This is just so random!

Caitie??....kiki?????
b42e0451d3bb18b0d33bebfd4f9d60fd.jpg

Worst Prada campaign in years, awful beyond words.

I've just never understood the hype around Vanessa. She's neither here nor there. On top of Kiki and Caitie, and the flat-out stupid mash-up graphic style of the finished ad...

What a bummer.

Are those shoes too ugly so they decide to not show them or are we gonna get a detailed footwear shoot cutout:angel:
This is so bad Don't get why Vanessa all of sudden is back She is one of those beauties with absolutely no skills in front of the camera Her stiffness is pretty on par with Bella Hadid
The other two aren't even worth menetioning

oh god this is bad. it looks amateurish, hell even fan-made. i can't believe they wasted this collection (that i loved) on ... this.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

...Sasha or Fei Fei will save this

Meisel loves Vanessa (again) :heart: But I don't get why he doesn't choose her for the cover of VI many times as he did with Edie and Lexi. This girl is pure gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->