Prada Mens F/W 2015.16 Milan

Super boooring!!

tumblr_muo97edmEm1qjdr2ho8_250.gif

meanplastic.tumblr

Is it just me or has Prada gotten really tired? Like several seasons ago? No wonder they're flailing financially. The day Zegna gives you more to chew on....

... A pig just flew by my window

^^^ LOL

And why do I get the feeling that Prada menswear's days are numbered?

It's been so basic these last few years-- just rehashing of the signature Prada pieces over and over, and nowhere is this more blatant than with this collection, which merely served as an accent for the women's sneakpeek. I wouldn't be surprised if the Prada empire has reassessed their priorities and came to the conclusion that to produce and promote Prada menswear is not profitable anymore. And, that it's just wiser to keep the Prada menswear classic, signature pieces stocked in their stores to compliment the womenswear, while the men's footwear, bags and the Prada Sport puffers and trenches remain what defines Prada Men for the masses-- because that's all I see of Prada Men in the department stores.

Maybe there's a 'basic trend' because Versace wasn't very original too... But at the same time I don't really care about Prada menswear.

This looks so poorly constructed and not luxe at all. If a model looks this frumpy... :innocent:
I wonder how much this will cost? cause Zara probably will come up with something cheaper that´ll look pretty much the same...

http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashion-shows/fall-2015-menswear/prada/details/78

and what are these cleat like shoes? they look heavy and the models had trouble walking in them, at least that was what it looked like to me (both male and female)...

http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashion-shows/fall-2015-menswear/prada/details/48

if you wanna look like you stepped in mud :lol:

http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashion-shows/fall-2015-menswear/prada/details/23

Last edited by a moderator:
I get throwing in a few women's looks in a menswear show, but this is like half womenswear

They called this collection men's and women's and by reading the brief I think now instead of doing one men's show and one women's show it's two shows that are both men and women.

ZZZZZ.... so boring, lifeless, uninspired. Anyone can design this whether the person is creative or not.

Would never pay top dollar for common boring stuff like this

^^I doubt it. There weren´t enough female looks to guarantee this was the FW15 female collection. They´ve always shown both male and female in mens´fashion week. It could the pre-fall women collection?

If the design goes after profit, it makes sense why she presents such a basic collection, they didn't perform well in the stock market for quite a while. But I doubt it helps, they already sell really basic stuffs in stores.

And interesting if we'll see another gender-balanced collection in February, that will change everything.

Prada has outlets stores, so do they make basic stuff just for the outlets?

I'm starting to think that the spiel about gender on the invitation was Miuccia's way of trolling everybody. Churn out some plain and basic and sellable clothes, and arbitrarily tack on some random significance behind it all afterwards.

In addition to being plain, as others have pointed out a lot of this looks quite poorly constructed. I also wonder if she was planning on going in another direction, but then threw that out and quickly whipped this up?

I'm just trying to make some sort of sense as to what happened here.

on the one hand,i do feel aesthetically it's kind of a throwback to her mid-90's era when her men's was more about simplicity and easiness but it's definitely missing that precision we saw in those days....this could have been brilliant if that part was better.

Had a look through the details...

It's not so much that this collection feels lazy (though it does) it's more that their throwback to "vintage Prada" seems mistimed and wrong for the market. I can't imagine anyone finding these clothes to be desirable compared to what's already out there.

The company has admitted that they've been out of sync, this collection screams that. Maybe Miuccia is getting tired. If it were me I would be on a search for a stronger men's design director after this non-event.

And those shoes look like a chore for even the most painfully unaware fashion victim.

This looks so poorly constructed and not luxe at all. If a model looks this frumpy... :innocent:
I wonder how much this will cost? cause Zara probably will come up with something cheaper that´ll look pretty much the same...

I'm gonna totally disagree about this being poorly constructed. It may be a bland collection that's not up to the high standards of what's expected of Miuccia, but ti's anything but poorly constructed. And luxe is a matter of preference here as Prada's never been quite obvious about using the most luxe materials.

The closeups reveal that the coats and jackets may be classic Prada nylon, but double-faced. Prada uses a very slight nylon that's very hard to tailor and, in that sense, has been her claim to fame. Nylon is extremely hard to sew without it puckering, and these pieces look so exquisitely tailored that I seriously doubt high street can duplicate.

The footwear and the bags are the star attractions here. Looks like Prada is taking a page out of the current Burberry marketing book by pushing their signatures: classic saffiano leathers, nylon pieces and footwear.

i kind of agree with that mutter...maybe kind of pull an ann demeulemeester and concentrate on the women's because it does feel like the men's has lost it's lustre,or she has.

It's very simple collection but I do believe detail close up would be exquisite. I am surprised to see so many women looks this time.

The collection just felt entirely safe. I love black, I wear it all the time, but you lose the nature of the design if all you can see is a black coat and trousers.

This is a very solid and very commercial Prada collection. Maybe her most commercial ever in a way.
There's nothing revolutionnary or new in that. The palette is very Prada and the styling too. Nylon is like a Prada trademark so, it will sell.
Even the womenswear is not so great. It's good and the styling is good nut nothing more.

There is nothing intellectual in that so that show note is nothing more than pretentious.
I like it, mens & womens.

Aww, how sweet of Prada reinventing nothing than basic garment we already have. Zara is jumping up and down over this collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->