Prada Mens F/W 2015.16 Milan

This was a bit too safe and frankly, slightly underwhelming. It seemed like a throwback to the most boring aspects of Prada's past. That being said, I cannot deny that there are some desirable pieces here. There is something very grown up and matured about certain aspects of the collection. The shoes were, I think, the highlights of the collection.

www.youtube.com/user/FatalefashionIII

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm always puzzled when I see people talking about this so-called Prada irrelevance and downfall, I must be witnessing a totally different fashion industry then lol.

Anyways, this has so many great Prada throwbacks. The use of nylon, the blue navy colour palette, the uniform tailoring, and the pure minimalism. It felt vintage but also very modern. Some 60s science fiction vibes in there, like they were all officers in a Enterprise-like ship. Can't wait to see how Women's show will serve as sequel.

I'm always puzzled when I see people talking about this so-called Prada irrelevance and downfall, I must be witnessing a totally different fashion industry.

Their profits have been steadily declining over the last year, a 44 percent drop in December actually. The company is in trouble.

^Do you have the links to that? Just curious

Ok, but like I actually like the collection. It was a very simple collection, but it did remind me of a black version of her spring 2011 collection.

I mean... I like it as a ww collection. Can hardly spot the difference between the menswear looks, w o w.

^adorable collection :wub:, really, really love it, shapes, cuttings, colours so clean futuristic , can´t wait for the womens :woot:

They called this collection men's and women's and by reading the brief I think now instead of doing one men's show and one women's show it's two shows that are both men and women.
This was the men's fall collection and women's pre-fall, men won't be in the women's shows, “So far, it’s only for the men’s shows," Miuccia said.

I don't get the boring thing, yes its commercial but as a few members have pointed out profits are down and the plan is to double menswear sales, and I'm guessing Prada group knows what their customer wants to actually go out and buy. The womenswear was great, strict elegance, super excited for the show next month. I for one love how Miuccia always has a question to put or a story to tell, it makes you think about fashion in a different context on a deeper level, but in the end its still clothes. It's far more interesting than what most designers are putting out there right now.

I find this simplicity quite radical when compared to what everyone else is doing. I love how she applied her signature fabric to full on outfits, especially that nylon suit at the end. I loved the women's looks even though the hair and makeup was a hot mess. I read a review where someone called them pineapple ponytails :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->