Dolce & Gabbana Mens F/W 2015.16 Milan

this is like greatest hits of their last 10 collections. at this point i don't think they need to stage a show, all the clothes are exactly the same.
But anyway those fur coats are just so beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I want to like this, I find the idea of wearing someone else's family portrait on your shirt very unsettling.

I want to hate this because this is what they've been doing since like.. 2011? I love it, I really do. You could clearly see the D&G reference. It still baffles me how Domenico and Stefano closed down D&G to focus on Dolce&Gabbana, but they've literally had nothing to focus on since they're using the same cuts for the pat 4-5 years. Nonetheless, although this post sounds contradicting, I loved it. I feel like they've somewhat won me over with the Sicilian collections.

It's a mess overall but their are a few good pieces scattered throughout.

They just need to change their styling and setting, yeah it's the same thing we've seen for the last half decade but there are some amazing pieces here as well as impeccable tailoring for various body types which made the cast great. I loved seeing repetitive looks based on their fabric but they are cut differently to fit/flatter each body type.

Their jackets, fur and blazers take the cake here, just get rid of the family portraits prints.

Surely this is quite a marked move away from the heavy Sicilian influence from previous collections non? No more high waisted shorts and big religious prints from previous collections.
The red fur pieces esp are very pretty.

Lots of elements that will make it sell, the family portraits is one, logos are another. Not a bad attempt after a few idealistic but very unsellable Sicilian collections.

.... another "Dolce Siziliana" show.
will this Italian folklore flea market ever come to an end?? :hardhead::sick:

Iconic Dolce and Gabbana...revisited (that's how I'll put it). The furs, as others have said, are the most standout.

That family portrait bull crap needs to stop right now, seriously they need to cut it out. I'm sure some misguided teenager (or twenty year old) will spend their allowance (tax refund) on it. All in all, as long as there are rappers, their loyal followers, and gaudy gay men this collection will do ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->