00280m.jpg

00290m.jpg
00300m.jpg

00310m.jpg
00320m.jpg

00330m.jpg
00340m.jpg

Source: Men.Style.com

Maybe because I'm not a Prada fan anymore since a long long time...
I think I like this collection and all those classic items... but c'mone who will buy pajamas for 1500€????!!! The whole collection is based on it! Almost everything (among the 43 looks!!!!) look like pajamas... it's insane!
Eventhough, I like the pants... I don't like almost all the colors palette... it's too Fall prints for me... and in summer, I wanna wear summer outfits... am I crazy?
the fabrics look very rich and lux... the cuts are perfect... i can imagine myself in these 70s look pants and some of the tshirt (but i must do a diet before... :wink: )
Applaude, Applaude... Hown can people applaude a pajamas collection??? Oh yes, Miuccia is Genius to make catwalking pajamas... ouh such a genius idea... so avant-garde... so cool... so surprised....
pffff.... If this collection was designed by someone else (less known and less bankable) it would be like "oh it's classic and good... but pajamas? who will wear pajamas out on the streets?" there it's "ouh I say genius!"

I'm just reading Tim Blanks - I so hate him - review... and yes the haircut are inspired by Roman Emperors (and not gladiators... but you can't know everything my Dear Tim Blanks... just learn your Roman Sculpture History... You want me to make a lesson???... If I had better images of the haircut I could even tell you who is the Emperor! ahah!) but what's the point with the collection???
Are those men the new Emperors of Italian Fashion????!!!!
I hope not!

June 24, 2007
The audience was compelled to search for its seats in a twisty labyrinth—an experience some found frustrating enough to equate to the clothes they would later view—but right from the get-go, Miuccia Prada was simply prepping her public for a fashion master class in human vulnerability. It's getting harder for men to find their way in the world. Ergo, shut up and sit down.

In her best men's collection in several seasons, Prada kept a tight focus on her view of the modern male. The more-boyish-and-interchangeable-than-ever models were a bit of a red herring. Their gladiator-style haircuts and wristbands (decorated with vintage watches!) were the giveaway. Prada had a vulnerable warrior on her mind—not exactly Russell Crowe, but someone who is attempting to reconcile expectation and inclination, hence a soundtrack that married classical piano to primal electronic pulse. The tailoring one expects from a Prada collection was more attenuated: the jacket lapel a shawl collar, the fitted leg expanding into a slight flare. The prints were splashy-but-muted poppylike florals, which eventually appeared in silk pajamalike combos. There were seventies-style geometric patterns that wouldn't have looked out of place on swingers' leisure suits. And, yes indeedy, there were the very jumpsuits on which they might have shown up.

On paper, it's a challenging smorgasbord (you're probably wondering where the "vulnerable warrior" is in all of this), but it's always been Prada's peculiar skill to pose peculiar questions. She doesn't always bother to answer them—this time, the desirability of the clothes did it for her. And the company that famously made its fortune in bags and shoes can anticipate a bonzer season in accessory sales.
— Tim Blanks
men.style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
hair cut influence :
here is for instance Octave Auguste haircut (the Prima Porta type, I think... but actually I'm not even sure...)

faustula.free.fr

or maybe the Actium type...(I'm sure for this one)

bib18.ulb.ac.be

well, it's a good thing that prada didn't impose on herself the weight requirements that some of the womenswear designers in other cities have or else those pants would just not look right. i suppose that hedi slimane's departure from dior homme has left a vacuum in the market for the super-skinny mens pant and miuccia's happy to fill the void.

outside that, it's clear that she's moving the pendulum back to the easily-digestible and readily-accessible designs we got comfortable with a few years ago before she started playing with toys and plexi pins and plastic coats and wilma-flintstone fur. there's nothing in this collection that's all too controversial and once in store, i'm sure it'll sell better than the fall collection ever will. it's all about the compare and contrast.

Further inspiration:

istockphoto_172440_geek_series_2.jpg

istockphoto

I mean, COME ON! Nearly the whole collection is stereotypical geek wear. Plaid shirt? Check. High water pants? Check. Geeky glasses? Check. Socks with sandals? Check. Visible socks? Check. Scrawny teenage boys? Check.

What's the fascination with dressing like the least popular kids in school???

Geeks at my university wear this stuff. Looks awful. Socks in sandals make me cry.

Further inspiration:

istockphoto

I mean, COME ON! Nearly the whole collection is stereotypical geek wear. Plaid shirt? Check. High water pants? Check. Geeky glasses? Check. Socks with sandals? Check. Visible socks? Check. Scrawny teenage boys? Check.

:o I thought I was the only one. I didnt even look at this post when I posted mine.

remember who we're talking about...

Further inspiration:

prada's been dressing nerdy eccentrics for the past fifteen years at least -- it's almost a trademark....

I have to say, for "Prada Men"
all the models look like "children"
where have the men gone?

well,it's nice to finally see her doing her own thing,from her own inspiration rather than finding ideas from everybody else.

00300m.jpg

00310m.jpg

The only thing I like is the print on these pants and the shirt.

what's with the hideous clothes?! disgusting!!!!

that said, i like the bags and watch.

you know,to add to my earlier comment,it really makes one realise,miuccia definitely isn't the genius everybody makes her out to be. seems all of her better works are those in which she copies things from other designers. and we see it here,when she tries to be original,it's so all over the place and a bit tedious.

I always thought Miuccia was the copee not the copier, Scott? I've never been able to point at her designs and stretch how copied or influenced they are from anyone elses.

why must the trend this year be "bad taste":unsure:

how can you combine sandals to a suit?!?!:shock::sick: or wearing socks to sandals...well i hate sandals in general...

oh, Miuccia, what for a disappointment.. Socks in sandals?! Did she go mad!? :shock: I don't feel the flower prints either, they were lovely in her resort, but not here. Apparently, arrows on the runway were the best thing! :innocent:

I don't think it's right to give Miuccia so much credit for being a genius. She has said before that she didn't want people to take so many intellectual connotations with her works. I'm taking these clothes for what they are, and they look pretty wonderful. The proportions seem fresh, a few of the prints are lovely, and the fabrics look unique. I don't think that this is the 'ugly' fashion from last season. In fact, some of it seems almost romantic. The styling was done just to be provocative, and underneath I think it looks nice.

Remember, some times her collections are just a matter of different tastes, and not deliberately ugly. Look at Dolce, D&G, or Dsquared, for instance. A lot of us here dislike them, but there are people out there who wear only those brands.

(I don't mean to sound like I'm worshipping Miuccia here, but I just want to defend this collection a little.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->