Prada Mens S/S 08 Milan

i'm gonna say this is just a show, so it is ok to be over the top here (since i think this really was over the top!)
i like some of the striped tops/cardigans/whatever... and i am not liking so much the floral, checkered stuff not at all actually...
this will just probably grow on me until i undersand what it means and so i'll be ready to get next womenswear rightaway

Neat fabrics, neat trousers, too much damn black for these increasingly warmer summers, though. I like the lankier looks, they suit my body type well.

what's with the hideous clothes?! disgusting!!!!

that said, i like the bags and watch.

I agree with you! Those are the only things I liked too. Everything else looks drab. I like prada but the stuff she's been putting out the last two season is not very nice to my eye's.

i dont like anything on the first page..... i cant imagine a guy wearing those flared checkered pants and those flowery shirts.

Socks in sandals ahahahah, what a weirdo anyway tho it's not my style the idea isn't bad, but for me it's not really much spring/summer.

No, no, no...not even potential...every combination of socks and sandals should be ritually burnt, danced on, burried and danced on again. No matter the pricetag, or label. It's the ultimate eternal faux-pas, also when Prada shows em...:sick:

There IS a way in which you CAN wear socks and sandals ... and that is

TABI socks + GETA sandals

Thats the only way to go ... and it looks good.

Prada Uomo is geek-chic ... its not for everyone ... i highly dislike the floral pattern and most of the patterns ... but its a personal opinion ... the strong points of the collection is the pattern, accesories and the quiet, subdued GREAT knitwear ... she did it again

Well, some of the shirts... if u're not that fit, u'd look fatter than u really are.

She's been trying too hard these two seasons...

This is awful, as usual. The thing I'm really surprised about is that the collection's mood isn't that far off from A/W [pajamas aside]. Usually Prada is a jarring change from season to season.

^I think that this is completely different from F/W. Fall was a mix of primitive and high-tech. This is really retro and much more romantic.

I'm glad to see that the whole skinny-male thing is still floating around the realm of popularity. :wink:

im not feeling this! i think the use of those colors are hideous... plus socks and sandals? no no no

I don't think it's right to give Miuccia so much credit for being a genius. She has said before that she didn't want people to take so many intellectual connotations with her works. I'm taking these clothes for what they are, and they look pretty wonderful. The proportions seem fresh, a few of the prints are lovely, and the fabrics look unique. I don't think that this is the 'ugly' fashion from last season. In fact, some of it seems almost romantic. The styling was done just to be provocative, and underneath I think it looks nice.

---

(I don't mean to sound like I'm worshipping Miuccia here, but I just want to defend this collection a little.)

Yes. YES! Thank you! I was getting desperate amongst all the haters. Ilaughead, you articulated perfectly what I felt but couldn't put into words. I love the collection. Not individual pieces so much as the over all feel of it. I even like the seventies vibe, which I think has been done quite freshly and surprisingly non-1997-ish way.

I understand the temptation to start picking apart the collection's influences and genealogies but then you'll just miss the deliciousness of just looking at it. Please, give it a chance! My little heart is just dying to see cute guys wearing this stuff. Ooh. HOT.

Is there a "Why you hate Prada" thread, there probably should be considering all the caustic remarks!..

I will only say, I like to wear very lightweight dark colors in summer...it's perfectly reasonable.
As for the florals, these are nothing more than retro hawaii shirts from a past age, no one is forcing you to wear it with matching pants. I'm sure they will look just right in the store.
As for socks and sandals....Prada is about SUBVERTING style signatures! Just because half the world wears socks and sandals doesn't mean one can't do it more interestingly.
Considering their sales have increased so drastically this past year is testament to tapping into their customer and there are ever more it would seem.

To be a little objective, I don't believe the clothes are as photogenic as perhaps some other collections but the reality in store always has its appeal.

I like the "new" silhouette (long, skinny top with skinny pants). It looks really good for skinny ppl:-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->