Prada Menswear S/S 2025 Milan

They need to stop referencing their own past so much and start designing for now. I get it that we’re in a very nostalgic basic era right now. But I expect Prada to push harder than this.

I’d echo the casting comments. This cast feels very un prada, too young and dry. Poor boys tortured in these clothes.

Nowadays I go straight to the finales of shows because of that lack of excitement. It must be hard being Miuccia because she's expected to adhere to an aesthetic that doesnt give too much room for change.

Same! 3 seasons in a row now I go straight to the final...

This is Jonathan does Prada, I am so bored
It's beautiful but not great nor groundbreaking
With Old Prada I will hate everything then crazy in love 2 months later
I am so tired of that stupid pointy collar cardigan
Raf (I like his CK btw) really needs to go and Fabio takes his place

This is not a Prada collection, It's Raf Simons. In what twisted world would Prada ever put a graphic tee underneath a neon colored jumpsuit? So ugly, like clown couture. The pants are gimmicky and over designed. The fabrics look flimsy and cheap, especially in those garish colors. Who is going to wear this? It certainly isn't a person of class and sophistication, or even intelligence. I will admit that there are some decent basics thrown in there, but it's nothing that isn't already available somewhere else. I had low expectations, but perhaps next time I should have no expectations instead.

Miuccia's thing is to play with taste. Here she seems to be doing a very dress up playboy kind of look, but Raf can't translate these ideas cause he can't allow himself to not be (his idea of) tasteful. The result is as if all the fun, playfulness of Miuccia is stuck inside of Raf's straightjacket.

This collection would be even sexy if done by less cold hands.

Miuccia is just as good as a designer but her creative marriage with Raf is toxic.

I m in for the 3 Bernard Buffet tops... cause I am a sucker for all his work . The rest, I really don't know what to say and who is it for.

I wonder if this collaboration with Raf is a slow injection of his “aesthetics” to the brand so appointing him in the future as next creative direction would seem natural and expected ?

Design has left the building...Miuccia must be suffering from "Stockholm syndrome" with Raf; because otherwise she would have kicked his lazy *** out of Prada.

The "sad clown" t-shirts are as horrible as perfect for this disaster of a collection. And yes, this does not feel like "Prada for H&M"...this feels like "H&M for Prada". A new level of expensive cheapness has arrived!

Very Miu Miu, but then Miu Miu has been doing vintage Prada for a few seasons now. I have seen a few Miu Miu looks on men (albeit skinny and Asian) and they do look very convincing. Not sure if she needs to relaunch Miu Miu Men if the boys have been shopping there already.
Back to this collection, I see their intention but the final result doesn’t look convincing. It lacks a certain “charged energy”.

The colours are very Raf. The tight on top with larger pants remind me a tad of his Jil Sander Spring 2011 women's collection, which was something rather fun and extravagant whilst still being streamlined. But this doesn't go there. In fact I find these tight cardigans and button ups with the baggy pants being very Eurotrash early to mid 2000s Versace, Cavalli, D&G and whatnot. That of course, is very "now" with TikTok but in the real world is desperate looking. Stuck in it's own little runway bubble.

Also don't understand the fascination with faux colours with the men's collections recently at Prada. Whether it's a trompe-l'oeil peter pan thing or a dickies collar bib situation, it's a bit juvenile. The plastic zips and faux belts are gross too. Very student level design.

I don't mind some things on their own, but as pieces I wouldn't feel a huge desire for them. Not helped by knowing how much Prada marks things up. Miuccia, once again, is chic as always.

I like the styling and tailoring of the collection excluding the garments that feature the asymmetrical zippers and the graphical elements, but if you take those away the collection lacks any distinction. As someone who is partial to a graphic print t-shirt, I have to say high-end designers absolutely never get it right.

I mean I have not liked prada menswear from the moment Raf stepped in, although I find this a particularly weak showing. It is just so out of touch and underdeveloped. if you are building off of the importance of details, which is a crucial element to all Prada design, you really need to NAIL the details. Sloppy colors and silly pops of color, season after season now, is weak. I love Raf. I hate Raf at Prada. :/

Miuccia looks good!
I don’t know if men still look up to Prada for fashion. I know it’s not a brand I see often and even the most fashionable of my friends aren’t buying her menswear.

She really needs to restart MiuMiu menswear.
It has to be said that most diehard male customers from Prada’s heydays are now in their late-30s/40s and probably opting for more of a BV/Zegna/The Row type offering. The younger ones are likely to be distracted by the likes of Loewe. It has also lost much of its cool factor thanks to the TikTok-fication of the triangle.

I wonder how much time Miuccia even spends at the Prada atelier nowadays because, with each passing season, I see more and more Raf and less Miuccia, which is never a good sign.
Raf will never get Prada because all he ever does is over-intellectualize everything. Miuccia is also intellectual and sophisticated but above all she has fun, and her sense of humor is unmatched, that's what makes her collections so good, it always has a perfect balance between the two. That is what has been missing since he was onboard.

But as long as Miuccia keeps a restraining order on him with the Miu Miu atelier, I'm good. I'm already moving on from Prada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantrabriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->