Reaction score
from wwd...

24lpzlj.jpg
wl1xfn.jpg

t5ou1j.jpg
oa9kaq.jpg

2r3jmgw.jpg
34ookmf.jpg

Miuccia Prada turned out a jewel of a collection with an intimate fashion show in her New York office. Taking the spirit of casual elegance to a new level, Prada used precision tailoring on sleek dresses that were heavily encrusted for a touch of artsy charm.

The resort bar continues to go up, up, up. Until recently, Miuccia Prada intended to present as she has in the past, in simple showroom appointments, a model or two at the ready for the quick photo op. But Prada started rethinking that approach a few weeks ago, and by the time editors began showing up for their appointments on Tuesday, the casting had grown to the spring-and-fall gold-standard ratio of one girl/one look (here, 26 of each), and the mood, quintessentially Prada in its alt-glam attitude.

The message: precision tailoring for sleek dresses and separates lavished with mega jewels of the artsy sort, some freestanding — huge clip-on earrings; an elaborate tied-on collar or two — but most sewn onto the clothes positioned as brooches, epaulets, even a dazzling necklace on Prada's version of a Hanes T-shirt. It all had a beautifully mesmerizing effect, down to the repetitive — and clearly intentional — clang of the heavy chains that bordered the show's last looks.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! This is the old Prada that I love! I'm so glad she's over that 'oddity for oddity's sake' phase.

Hate those knee length leggings but LOVE the earrings. And I'm sure my girls in now unfortunately defunct Cashmere Mafia fashion thread will agree, the earrings are VERY similar to what the girls wore on the show. Ie massive bejeweled earrings and I loved that as a trend. I like her shapes

minus the american apparel leggings , this is quite nice.

Looks good so far. It reminds me a bit of f/w 04 with all of the jewel embellishments and those shades of bottle-green.

And the earrings really are fantastic.

the first thing i thought was.. holy crap :shock:
and she was shocking last resort too... in the 'why did you do this' sense... same for fw 08 imo

regarding what dior_couture said .. i think there is still that oddity she's after
it seems to be about seemingly plain clothes --they give an impression it's another designer. maybe valentino, carolina herrera.. oscar de la renta... in the way it's styled, but in the jewels and the design/placement of them... plus the jewel 'motifs' in the prints too, they make you look twice
there really are clever designs at Prada ... she has a way of making unique ideas accessible to the masses

its good. then again, anything that isn't downright strange by Miuccia is good in my books.

what about using this stylist for the rest of the shows? better than making the girls look dead-like...... at least these look healthy and civilized.

It's so beautiful and rich looking :buzz: Need to see more for sure, but I already love it!

she finally resumed making beautiful clothes again. (and jewelry!)
this is very FW04 to me, which means I love it :smile:

I would perhaps wear the mega- bejeweled dress along with the earrings in the first photo if I were to discreetly hang out at L'Atelier in Cannes. Only the clothes would be seen, and hey I guess that's the point.:wink:

I absoloutley love it, this Resort season was great, lots of strong collections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->