Pregnant Street Style

papa_levante

oh! darling
Reaction score
I'm inspired by women who dress well even during their pregnancy.

My pregnant friend (3 months along) was telling me how she needed new pants already. But, she said, "I want to look like a cute pregnant lady."

One person that I remembered who dressed beautifully was Miroslava Mikheeva-Duma.

alltheprettybirds.blogspot.com, vogue.ru, alltheprettybirds.blogspot.com, Stockholm Street Style

I haven't yet been able to find pictures of random stylish pregnant people, but I am intrigued to scour the internet for some. ^_^:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
great thread, especially for those of us that design maternity fashion

I think women should be stylish during every period of their lives. Pregnancy should be a chance for women to try new things with their looks. Even though most women complain about losing their figure and have nothing to wear..:P

Milan, October 9, 2009 - Working pregnancy and a fashionable outfit together must be no easy feat, but you wouldn't know it to look at Vogue Paris' Julia Von Boehm.

2q1fehs.png

fashionising.com via Jak & Jil

I do not like this. At all. On anyone. It isn't really flattering. :doh:

Another Miroslava. :wub: I really wish more women did this. It's a little young, but it's creative and girly.

zl4qis.png

hautecouturista.com

Géraldine Saglio looked amazing during her pregnancy (granted, she practically stayed the same size as before just with a bigger belly).

20h60dk.jpg

graldinesaglio4.jpg

jakandjil.com/blog

styleandthecity.com, stockholmstreetstyle.feber.se

Expert Guide: Rosie Pope's Rules for Chic Maternity Style
by Rosie Pope May 4th, 2011 | thefashionspot.com

The founder of Rosie Pope Maternity and star of Bravo's Pregnant in Heels shares her secrets for a stylish pregnancy.

Stay True to Your Style

The number one rule of maternity style is if you wouldn't wear it before you were pregnant, don't buy it now. I don't know what it is, but when some women get pregnant, they make allowances to buy really ugly, unflattering clothing. It's terrible! This observance led me to create my own line of maternity clothing. I couldn't believe that, in this day and age with all the fashion options out there, people still hated buying maternity clothes mainly because of the awful selection. It's depressing! I wanted to create a line based on my thinking that women shouldn't have to sacrifice style when they're pregnant. We made pattern adjustments to existing designs, kept the great fabrics and prints, and steered clear of all bows and polka dots.

It's All About Shoes

I hate bows on clothes! Who ever associated them with maternity wear? Bows on clothes are terrible, but bows on shoes are another story. You can go all types of crazy on the shoes and, yes, I truly believe you CAN wear heels while you're pregnant. I love a great wedge because they're practical and stylish.

Don't Go Overboard with Accessories

As far as styling goes, I think many women make the mistake of wearing massive amounts of accessories, perhaps to take attention away from the baby bump. I prefer just a few simple, small accessories — a strand of pearls or a stud earring.

Splurge-Worthy Items

Invest the time and money in quality underpinnings. They really can make or break an outfit. A line I particularly love is Ingrid and Isabel (left). If there's one other key item you need to do the research on buying, it's pants. Not all bumps are created equal and you HAVE to buy pants that fit your body or you're in for nine months of misery. Some women prefer under-the-belly, and some prefer over-the-belly, you just have to figure out what works for you. One of my favorite styles from my own line is the Pret pant, which is an over-the-belly style that many women love.

Bonus Tip! (After the Baby's Born)

Diaper bags don't need to look like diaper bags, either. Just the other day, Jane Krakowski came to me with the most awful diaper bag she received as a gift. She was looking to replace it ASAP and I was happy to help.

So sweet! The first few posts are full of great style! Can we post celebrity pics here or is it just for 'real people' street style?

^ anarcobitch your img is broken

doesn't those leather pants affect Géraldine Saglio's baby??

interesting styles in this thread though

^Géraldine Saglio's pregnant-style is amazing, I think. There is nothing wrong with leather pants unless they are uncomfortable for a pregnant lady.

Okay this may not belong here but I usually just text comment but now I want to share some photos. It says to enter a url for the photo so how do we post photos from our computer? When can I find this info?

Okay this may not belong here but I usually just text comment but now I want to share some photos. It says to enter a url for the photo so how do we post photos from our computer? When can I find this info?

nvm I created a photo bucket account..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->