Princy by Jessica Simpson

I agree that the entire celebrity label trend is getting annoying.

Jennifer Lopez pretty much started it... and her lines (both J-Lo and Sweetface) were not that great.

Her fragrances are pleasant.. my girlfriend used to wear GLOW and I do like it ;-)

But seriously... Jessica Simpson is no Kate Moss in terms of fashion.

Come to think of it... once Kate retires from modeling maybe she could start a line... considering I truly think she is a style icon.

i have a question, If you are a style Icon does that qualify you to be a designer?.
this celebrity fashion thing is just utter rubbish. and that fool who bought her name for $15 million who the hell is he?. Embellished low rise jeans and Knit shrugs?
while i am disturbed by this celebrity cum designer trend, i am more sick of the magazine editors and department store buyers who who invest pages of press and tons of money into supporting these collections that are neither well designed or well made.
it is no wonder why american designers are not well respected internationally. I dont see in London Milan or Paris any celebrities starting clothing lines so why is it allowed in New york?
i am willing to bet that a lot of these clothing lines will not be around in five years and some of these celebrities are bound to have serious problems with these collections and these people who own the rights to thier name,
does jessica simpson know the difference between a mother of pearl button as opposed to a horn button?
does jennifer lopez know how to put boning in a corset or place a zipper in a pant?
Does beyonce know the difference between silk chiffon and polyester chiffon or does she even know what polyester is?
it is times like these that i am ashamed to call myself an american designer

oh dear god... of course, I haven't seen it yet so I can't judge on before hand, but I'm getting so tired of celebs starting labels and most of them don't participate that much in the making.

Wait...isn't Jessica Simpson one of those people frequently in the fashion news for her BAD taste?

15 million?

Shoot me now.

lollllll.

This is too AWFULL to be true..... :rofl:

Who's next to on the designer team? Paris Hilton??? *sigh*

i just don't understand the desire to cross over.
musicians don't act.
actors don't sing.
actors don't design.
musicians don't design.

stick to the thing that got you where you are. obviously it worked.
people are just too power hungry.

Kimkhuu said:
lollllll.
This is too AWFULL to be true..... :rofl:
Who's next to on the designer team? Paris Hilton??? *sigh*

:sick: Paris has a collection of Jewels already. You can buy it on Amazon. And then Nicky has her line Chick (named that because that was her nickname - I watch too much E True Hollywood Stories)

I remember before the first season of Newlyweds Jessica was always on Mr Blackwells and People's worst dress lists.

I so want to punch her in the face.

simpson a fashion icon????????????????

WHATEVER!

How can you call this fashionable?

Badfashion.jpg

Her idea of fashion is the same as every typical teenage girl. Very boring, cliched, and wallflower. Its not like she is standing out in any sense. :lol:

I do like small shrugs though.

they want u to listen thier music, watch thier reality shows, eat and thier restuarants and now wear thier clothes.............. i wouldnt be suprized if next they want u to use thier condoms and thier tampons

I completely agree with most everyones opinions already stated. I'm sick of the celebrity designing trend. Most of the time all they do is say what color they want the item to be in. I'm not saying that all these celebrities clothing aren't fashionable. The Sean John line has beautiful suits & Sweetface had a lot of pretty things [minus the fact that it was pretty much dripping in fur.] They just really need to stick with what they do best. Then again, some of them don't even do their jobs good either. So why would they cross over?? Whatevers. I hope this trend dies down. We have enough Hilary Duff's & Jessica Simpsons thinking they can design. I don't even want to know who is going to be next.

Being a celebrity doesn't make you a designer Jess! I hear Jessica Simpson is going make exercise tapes and sell "Jessica" treadmills so her fans can wear clothes like her.

as much as i hate all of these celebrity clothing line garbage............i hate the people who actually BUY it more...

they are the ones funding these rediculous 'fashion labels'
some people really have no clue.......once i went into Yahoo fashion chat......there were loads of people in there......so i asked 'hey whats everyones favourite designer'
the first reply i got was 'i like j-lo's clothing' :sick: WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!

^ :shock: :sick: :yuk: ... How can they!!! I can't understand!!! I find that stuff repulsive... someone save this world!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she just will copy other designers..:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I completely agree with everyone so far. What gives her the right to think she actually has enough style or knowledge to agree to starting her own line. Does she think because she can sing that now she all of the sudden has a slight talent for designing or at least recognizing well made and designed clothes! I mean if she can't even dress herself well how does she expect to have her own clothing line and the worst part is that people wont care how bad the clothes are and they will buy them and like them just because her name is on it. The people who buy her lline won't be realizing that you can pick the same clothes out at any Wal-Mart clothing depaartment!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biancacoda
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->