Proenza Schouler S/S 11 New York

Seeing the shoes up close disappoints me..Some are nice but others are just blah.. I do like some of those bags though..

I think the flat sandals were the only misses of the show, especially the boots ones. But other thant that I love the pumps, and the bags are to die for.

I really liked this collection, but I think I need to watch it one or two more times before I come up with a good idea.
I know that there are some beautiful pieces, especially the PS1 embossed croc coat and the drop-waists and the details are incredible.

Actually I am not really crazy for this collection and feel a bit disappoint too. Because I always looking forward for their sharp cut tailoring with some hi-street elements as for the previous seasons. I really don't like they have grown up so fast and change the direction a bit Anna x Vera Wang x Calvin Klein x Dries Van Noten.... its a bit off to me for the Proenza identity.....

this is beautiful collection. I was most impressed by Rodarte, but now in comparation with this, ican see the difference. Rodarte looks more like costume pieces, but these clothes are for real life. very wearable, but stylish, chic and edgy... anyway, love rodarte too. these two collections are definitelys my favourite of the NY fashion week

I think the flat sandals were the only misses of the show, especially the boots ones. But other thant that I love the pumps, and the bags are to die for.

I completely agree. The flats were meh, but the pumps were so chic.
I also liked the other accesories, the new PS bags and the shades.

overall a stunning collection and my fav of NYFW!!

i couldn't agree with you more

there was so much detail in this collection that i didn't realize until i saw the hqs
phenomenal collection.

loving the pumps! very chic. the other style (boot and non boot) needed to loose that funny heel to make them perfect..

the details of the clothes are breathtaking. that neon lace?!! WOW

I'm in love with the collection....I really liks the texture and the colour. The necklace is really nice, but the shoes miss. I really love how the mix the texture and colour in one look. And see how they getting better and better every season , yeah !

The collection is amazing! I love the accessories & omg how awsome are those shoes! :smile:

easily their best collection ever.

I think this pretty much sums it up; previously, I have liked their collections, very nice, but I have never been proven of their talent before.
This collection is incredible - with the experimentation of fabric, from the weights and the fantastic details (including what looks like miniature shibori) to some of the shapes, the pleats in the back to create shape, this could easily be one of Ghesquire's more wearable collections.
I absolutely love it.
Even the neon-frills, which warded me away at first, were in the same garment as intricate seams of hook and eyes.

Proenza Schouler, I declare myself impressed.

Finally some interest in NY...The colors and textures are gorgeous. Love the sheer fabric and traditional Japanese technique of shibori used. So glad to see them up close. Love the longer dresses and the short shibori skirts, and want the black spat-sandal-thingies!!

However...the silhouettes are unpleasant...slouchy = hot , saggy = not
...some of the clothes look dejected...

This is the first collection for spring '11 that feels new to me.

i always like their work and this time is no exception. the richness of details is quite impressive.
i hate to make comparisons, but i have to say that it feels a bit marni.

i really :heart: the details in this collection. from afar, the collection looks a bit bland, but upclose of each item, the pieces are just amazing!!

Ever since that fateful S/S 2010 collection, I've been excited to see what these two would produce. F/W 2010 was quite nice, not mind-blowing, but very nice all the same. And then they delivered this. I don't know that I can really convey the depth of my adoration for this collection? It just feels so masterfully crafted and designed, the colors are beautiful and it really feels fresh and modern. My favorite of all of NYFW this season, I think.

One of the best show in NY fashion week this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->