Project Alabama S/S 06 New York

Meg said:
i'm opposite of you helena, i much prefer the old project alabama. It used to look so handiworked and like someone had sat on their farm making the clothes for weeks. Now it does look like a combo of dries and anthropologie and very overpriced.

Agree--I miss it too. I liked the hand-stitching, and I liked the applique. I seem to remember an ivory on white corset that I liked better than anything in this collection ...

If this were my Project, and I had all these quilters working with me, I would be tempted to show something reminiscent of quilts as modern art as seen in the quilts of Gees Bend, traditional Amish quilts, etc. Could lead to something iconic like the Mondrian dress, and it would certainly be original ...

Scott said:
^indeed.

I keep looking at all these collections thus far and I can't help to think,why so many NY indie designers have such horrendous styling...if any at all? Such as this,I mean,it's really quite lacklustre. I only bring this up because it seems so apparent to me,that this is one of the reasons so many shows sometimes are tedious and uninspiring there.

Really,at the moment,Tess Giberson is the only one who has hired a decent stylist in Haidee Findlay-Levin...and one notices how strong her collections have looked in the past three or four seasons. And not to mention venues rarely speak volumes about the clothes. There's hardly any atmosphere to compliment the work.
I agree :flower: The designs are so so - but I can't help but feel better styling would have made for a stronger presentation all round

^indeed,Tiffany!

Oh,Meg,explained it perfectly!

Some detail shots, courtesy of style.com:
00020m.jpg
00090m.jpg

00060m.jpg
00150m.jpg

00190m.jpg
00250m.jpg

00290m.jpg
00350m.jpg

its definately less dark than it used to be.....

droogist have you seen this in L'eclaireur - did you not think it had a very somber aesthetic before?

Yes it's much less dark, but I think it's actually very beautiful. But hideously expensive I would imagine. The close ups make it better than I thought.

helena said:
its definately less dark than it used to be.....

droogist have you seen this in L'eclaireur - did you not think it had a very somber aesthetic before?
I do, but I think that might have to do with the way l'eclaireur did the buying, not to mention the environment...that shop space could make Versace look sober. ^_^

yes maybe you are right droogist. Thats the only place I have ever seen PA though so I had thought the dark lady look was what PA was all about.

the clothes are nice, it's not a bad collection by any means, but it isn't anything exciting either

There were a few okay things... but overall I think it's just... icky. I don't know, it's just a little too country..

I really like the most of it :heart: And the colours :D
Can't compare with earlier seasons - haven't seen the label before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uppmuntra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->