Punk Style?

Reaction score
Hey, I'm trying to go for more of a punk style, but I'm not sure exactly how to do it. Do you have any suggestions? My friend told me to stick with reds and blacks, but that's about all I was told.

I personally think you cant force things, because then it won't flow, it won't come from within you.

I have three designers for you to check out for inspiration...Vivienne Westwood (Queen of Punk), John Galliano (Princess of Punk) and Hedi Slimane @ Dior (Punk-Chic)

Thats the most poser thing ive ever heard and i really dont think its nice to force it. however, if your looking for punkish items for some inspiration... oh well:

band%20(10).jpg

band%20(13).jpg
band%20(3).jpg

band%20(2).jpg

band%20(33).jpg

http://www.distillers.nl/pictures.php

get brody as a model.

but hey, sweetie. dont dress up and go eat on mc donalds. punk is not about clothes, but about ideas. dont let your head go empty, turn off the tv, go read a book, the paper, dont let yourself get alienated. *sorry bout the bad english but i think you got it*

^ Well said, punk has NOTHING to do with how you dress, it's a mentality.....

Being a self confessed punk, I do not dress like Brody Dalle, and never on earth would I force myself to do so....

yes, I do wear a leather jacket, skinny jeans, dirty black converse and half shaved black hair, metal chain..... etc........ But that does not make me any more punk.

You know, personally I don't think it's a good idea for you to force a punk look (like it was said before).
Punk is mostly about attitude, and if you wake up one day thinking "now I think I'm gonna dress like a punk" it just won't work, you're gonna come off like a fake and even a fool really (especially cause you don't even know what it's all about and how to do it).

What I think: don't try to fit into labels. Just, you know, try to figure out your personal style, look around some stores and try to figure out what you truly like the most, what kinda clothes is appealing to you, and just be yourself, make your own style. :flower:

I also wanted to add that I really don't like Brody Dalle's style, much too "emo" for my taste.

Kimkhuu said:
I also wanted to add that I really don't like Brody Dalle's style, much too "emo" for my taste.

yeah, shes tries too hard. i dont like it.

but you have to admit she's beautiful. her face has a beautiful harmony. ^_^

i like their songs, and thats all.

well, i fancy the punk ideology, i follow what i belive in, i listen to music i like *from punk rock - 80% of my cds- to jazz*, and i dress how i feel like.

its not becouse i have green hair and piercings that i'll be a punk, but for what i think. still,. i loove my green hair hahah

Well, I would say in order to give a good true-punk look justice, you need to be able to find cheap crap and turn it into cool looking cheap crap :smile:

I have a friend who turned a pair of really old skinny jeans into pure-punk by dying a flag-esque pattern down one leg. He also has a ragged old flight jacket that he has 50 million patches sewn on to.

Combat boots always work when trying to mix in Industrial stylings.

If you want a more modern, clean punk look, Lip Service is a great designer. One of my favorites. A bit expensive

Like everybody says, though, don't think you are punk just by the way you dress. Subcultures require more than a style to fit in.

I know a lot of punks who dress very casually (based on looks, you'd never guess they're punk). And believe me, they're 2000000 times cooler than the fake punks who go eat at Mc Donald's and drink coffee at Starbucks. :rolleyes:

I really don't care about fitting into today's society or anything. Society's standards are way too overrated anyways and is never satisfied. I'm not planning on changing who I am, I just want to fit a little punk into my style. Thanks for all the advice.

I think it's really funny that when it comes to punk everybody has to be so f**n serious! Who is a poser and who is "original"...(who cares as long as everybody is happy?)I remember like 15 years ago when I was a little girl I wanted to become a punk and I was so into it and afraid of being taken as a poser that I found the most obscure albums (Extreme noice terror, Discharge, Warcollapse) and then I actually listened to it..It's a quite childish behaviour to judge other people..if someone whants an advice of how to dress, why not? I would say: look at the peolple on the covers of your favourite albums and get some inspiration from them...Or try to find out what THEY listens to..to get back to the roots-kind-of-thing..

"who cares as long as everybody is happy?" i think you're confusing punk and hippy, haha...

the thing is, punk isn't just about music or clothes – the most you can hope for is to be a neo-punk and that's just not cool. but if it's just about clothes for you, then yes, look to brody dalle - she looks like she bought a "how to be a 1970s punk" manual and followed it to the letter. unfortunately, i don't think it covered maternity wear...

and if you're a true punk, you shouldn't give a f--- what we all think :wink:

i hope punk doesn't die. don't kill punk. be who you are and don't get into labels. maybe if you really are punk you wouldn't ask how to look punk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->