Schizophrenic Style

Technically, it wouldn't be "schizophrenic style", it'd be "multiple personality style". :P

I don't think I change my style as dramatically. I always go from basic/casual to feminine/bohemian/hippy/casual.

still schizo...

torn between my desire to wear big potato sack looking things...
and the idea that i should not be wearing big potato sack looking things...
:ermm:...

wanting/buying high heels but wearing flats every day...
have tons of dresses/skirts...
but wearing only one particular pair of shorts like they are my religion...
still buying dresses though...
:rolleyes:...

*what the hell ..?!?...:hardhead:...
gotta get it together....

I definately have a schizo sense of style. In the summer/springtime, I'm the biggest girly-girl. I'm talkin' short summer dresses with pretty flowers in bright pink colors. Then the fall/wintertime comes and it's like I turn into this moody, depressed, pissed off person who only wears black, dark purple and navy blue and lots of leather.

Am I the only person who thinks its offensive to call it Schizophrenic Style? Schizophrenia is a serious medical condition where people have abnormalities in their perception of reality. So yes while you may change your style every day in no way can you call it "Schizophrenic." Sorry, if it sounds like a lecture but I couldn't help but make this point... :smile:

^ As a sufferer, I totally agree with you there. And as for my sense of style, its completely "normal". But call this topic what you will, I personally dont find it offensive.

This is totally me. One day I'll be totally girlie in a cute dress and heels, the next day I'll be total rock chick with the leather and tight trousers out, sometimes a bit androgynous. I like to mix it up. I respect people who have one set style but I like to change things up, the element of experimentation makes fashion more interesting for me.

Man, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way!

I switch between boho, rockabilly/vintage, casual, girly, and of course my southern country style. Whatever I'm wearing, I don't like to blend in.

I feel the same way.
It's always been my "problem" too. Even my brother would address this, saying I needed to find "my style", since it was weird of me walking around like some gothic bride one day and dressing like a innocent flower kid the other day. But I don't care. For a while I tried sticking with just one style (because my metal head friends would make fun of me anyway if I didn't dress all black all the time :rolleyes: ) and I didn't like it, because sometimes I'd get up and just not feel like dressing a certain way, so I would end up feeling uncomfortable for the rest of the day. How stupid! So now I just wear whatever I feel like wearing, even if it's not typical for me at all. Fashion is supposed to be fun, so I think it's absolutely fine to try new things and not having yourself categorized.

No I'm rather consistent (or boring?) although I do wear clothing that departs from my usual style.

Yess, completely agree with the OP. I've changed my "look" or clothes and hair so many times people I know haven't recognised me. :lol:

I'm growing my hair long and doing the natural look for the moment.

Also hello forums, been a lurker for a good year or so. ^_^

hello origamitea...
welcome to the forums...
:flower:

I used have a schizophrenic style, but now i seem to dress in similar things, t-shirts tucked into high wasted skirts, pretty blouses, cardigans & blazers. I haven't worn jeans for months!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't describe myself as schizophrenic (well at least regarding my style :lol:) and I think I found my style yet. But within my personal style I vary my clothes.

Most of my wardrobe is quite pixie and feminine. But I also have my days when I'd like to go out as a rock kitten :meow: for example. Then I often combine a rosy frill skirt with a black shirt and my leather jacket and paint smokey eyes...

I guess I'm quite in between of the "schizophrenic" and the style-faithful camp...That's schizophrenic :lol:

Hello, I was not too sure where to post this but because it is on the topic of my style, I decided to post it here. Anyways, i don't know but I think I would describe my style as "hipster"-(My friend told me what I was wearing one day was "hipster", so i went with "hipster."). I like vintage clothing(mostly shoes), blazers, fedoras, leather jackets, loose tees, but i also like dresses & skirts. Mostly dark colors. I am so all over the place its crazy! Well I was basically wondering what would you guys think if a person was dressing up differently everyday? Would you think that one does not have a mind of its own or is just dressing according to their wishes? Also, as I said previously, I like leather jackets but when I wear I feel like too of a rule breaker/bad. (I am the most innocent person you'd probably meet so it doesn't really match up my personality) Do you think a leather jacket is too tough for someone like me?

I love being a fashion student, it's the best excuse to wear things others find bizarre. My style changes from day to day and during the seasons as well.. I can never quite figure it out!
I'm an artist by heart, so I always follow my emotions in every move I make, including when I get dressed. Something that was totally right last week can feel so incredibly wrong this week. I'm a mess...

The last couple of weeks I was feeling kinda 'weird' toward my clothes. I make clothes myself, mostly women, but I wanted to make something for my own, and I just couldn't decide. I spent hours pondering :huh: That's when I started thinking about the rest of my wardrobe and I felt something was 'off', but I couldn't describe it exactly what was wrong.

Until yesterday, when I finally realised that I have two styles!
One is more A.P.C - COS - Margiela kinda style, with browns, burgundy navy and bottlegreen etc, simple clothes.
The other is more Demeulemeester, Owens, ... lots of black and more edgier.

And now I'm trying to decide which one I should make my style, and my only style. (you just can't wear a fitted RO leather jacket with brown trousers :P) In my heart I know that I prefer the edgier style, but being an engineering student, I'm afraid I'll constantly get weird looks from people (who aren't all that fashionable at my faculty :innocent:) I know I shouldn't let that bother me, but still... Maybe I should try and 'merge' the two styles, but I have no idea how

I'm having a hard time deciding between a soft, kind of romantic look, and a darker style. I used to be in the goth/industrial scene a few years back, but I've changed a lot since then, even my character has become sweeter. Hence the change in appearance.

a thread for me...
i'm stuck between classic style: something like old hollywood, glamour, sexy, dramatic; and boho/romantic... i always loved all these pastels, flowy skirts, flowers, frills, laces...
don't know how to put it together... i don't have any inspiration! well Olivia Palermo has style similar to this that I want to achieve, but... i want more inspiration!
so... one day i'm boho, one day i'm classic... don't know if i'll ever decide which style is "mine"... ^_^

i'm a big mish mosh.... the uniform thing doesn't work for me. but i feel like somehow, even though my styles are kind of schizo, all of the pieces i pick are very "me" in their own way, and i have a way of combining things in proportions that i really like and that work for me... so even though my hard/modern punk, soft/femme/romantic, etc etc looks are all really different, i think you can definitely tell that they all come from the same person's closet/that the same person styled them, know what i mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->