Q&A: Favourite foundations

I have a custom blended foundation by Prescriptives. They mixed it to match my skin tone perfectly and you can choose from a sheer coverage to a heavier coverage...Its quite lovely! :smile:

Used to be La Prairie Skin Caviar..... but now it's Guerlain Fleur de Tient

^ is it worth the money for la prairie cause i know theuir foundation costs a lot, does it cover well? which ones better guerlains or la prairie?

Dior Eclat Satin...:heart:

(not sure if i already posted here...lol...but ill post again) ^_^

i love using diorlight ( 100 ) mixed in with a pea sized amount of face illuminator to give me a pearly glow.

What do you think about Diorskin ultra-mat foundation ? Is it a good product ?

I use Vincent Longo Water Canvas, which is the best foundation I've ever found. I've tried pretty much every brand in Sephora, and this is the only one that has a tone that matches my pale skin and still has decent coverage.

I use it with Prescriptives Color Fix in apricot and shiseido concealer to get a natural, flawless look. VL is fairly pricey, $52 per refill, but it lasts pretty long.

madem0iselle said:
^ is it worth the money for la prairie cause i know theuir foundation costs a lot, does it cover well? which ones better guerlains or la prairie?

Yes, the La Prairie is worth the money. It lasts 6-8 months and you need very little. It covers very well! I switched to Guerlain because it has active rose extract, which I love! They're both really nice.

*midnight*golightly* said:
this is going to be a stupid question, but what does "matte finish" mean?

It means without any shine or "dew".

Update - i use Cream Foundations both:

CoverFX "I40"
and
Ben Nye "Au Lait" (Sahara Series).

This gives me the best looking skin ever!

Right now i am loving Clinique´s Gentle light.
It gives a fabulous dewy look without beeing too much and spreads really like a moisturizer, in fact, it´s so gentle it resembles more of a tinted moisturizer than a foundation. :smile:

Foundation Help

Ok, so I have been using Clinique super balanced, because my friend used it and it works wonders on her. But for me thats another story... I have pretty oily skin and it pretty much is gone within 2 hours. So i need somthing Heavy but not cakey... and somthing that has a range of skin tones because This olive beige skin is alittle hard to match... lol thanks... :D

I was jus the same, but then i found the colour adapt max Factor, its spurb, light, and gives gr8 coverage!!!, i use Maybelleine Great Lash, and then MAC, Chanel or the colur lipgloss tht i am in the mood for, and for eye liner, it annoys me wen they become smudged so i use Dior waterproof, good!!

I've been using Shiseido forever just because the colors work the best for me. I have very olive/yellow skin, and some bad experiences of people putting a pinkish undertone foundation on my face because they had nothing in my shade kinda scared me.
I started off with the hydro-liquid (like a liquid powder that you can take with you) and while I really liked it, it didn't last long at all. Oilyness usually set in after a few hours. I've since switched off to the sun protection liquid foundation. It has spf 42 built in, which can't hurt, and so far so good. It's gives a light coverage, and I use it mainly to even out skin tone. I also use their pressed powder to give a bit more coverage, tho if I'm having a good skin day, it's really not necessary.
I've never tried Dior or Chanel but I had some MAC pressed powder put on me the other day and the coverage was a bit heavier IMO and they did have a great range of shades.

I really like DuWop's Revolution Face. It's a tinted moisturizer that gives you the coverage of a foundation without really cakey and heavy. It feels like you aren't wearing any makeup and it doesn't rub off. I lurve it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slimshelly
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->