Raf by Raf Simons

BerlinRocks

Reaction score
I don't know if this was already posted... here it is from Dazed Digital newsletter :

Engrossing himself in both the main line and the Raf by Raf Simons line, the designer talks exclusively to Dazed about his hands on work with both lines and the importance of not selling out

{dazeddigital.com}

read more on Dazed Digital

I must say I like that picture :innocent:
It's very Larry Clark-esque

However, I don't agree about Raf by Raf Simons being a copy of his original work. Look at Raf's first collections, and you will find more "mod" things (whereas now it's more post-modernist) but no t-shirts... if you except some collections (woe on those..., etc). May I add that R by R quality is sh*tty :yuk: and overpriced?

I'll stick to his mainline

yeah,i don't really understand the whole raf by raf line.....for such a mainstream, almost banal concept it seems so unlike his style. not even an established designer like demeulemeester has a secondary or bridge collection.

yeah,i don't really understand the whole raf by raf line.....for such a mainstream, almost banal concept it seems so unlike his style. not even an established designer like demeulemeester has a secondary or bridge collection.

I think Raf has always aimed at addressing a younger audience with his collection and with the mainline focussing more on actual 'design', rather than grung-y street wear (thinking back at his mainline, circa 2002-2004), it makes sense to put his socio-cultural approach into a different context and therefor keeping the mainline collection 'pure' and not as heavily merchandise-build as... let's say, Dior Homme is.

what is a bridge collection?
a lesser expensive version of the 'main' collections ?
paired down designs, etc. ...?

he explains having two lines in the interview, I think it makes sense and I can see his idea behind it.

I'd also like to mention that I've had no issues with quality on Raf by Raf pieces. I have a pair of jeans I've worn a lot since I got them and quality seems good, price wasn't that bad either. I also have a blazer and trousers which are just fine in terms of quality and finish.

he explains having two lines in the interview, I think it makes sense and I can see his idea behind it.

I'd also like to mention that I've had no issues with quality on Raf by Raf pieces. I have a pair of jeans I've worn a lot since I got them and quality seems good, price wasn't that bad either. I also have a blazer and trousers which are just fine in terms of quality and finish.

T-shirts and sweaters are terrible, honestly, and I don't know how he dares saying that it's not a second line.

Anyway even his mainline is not that good anymore in term in quality :(

exactly^_^

the quality of raf simons seems really awful, i just bought a pair of new raf sliver trainers with over 700us last week but it broken in the first day i wear. Fxxking awful quality

T-shirts and sweaters are terrible, honestly, and I don't know how he dares saying that it's not a second line.

Anyway even his mainline is not that good anymore in term in quality :(

I dont have any sweats or tees so I can only say from what I've handled at stores, but yea they do seem to be poorer quality then for example the suits or blazers.

I only have one shirt and knit sweater from the mainline, but those again seem like good quality to me. guess it really varies by items then in both lines.

the quality of raf simons seems really awful, i just bought a pair of new raf sliver trainers with over 700us last week but it broken in the first day i wear. Fxxking awful quality

I had that same problem. I bought the silver hi-tops from the Pineal Eye and the first day I wore shopping in town they fell apart. The material they were made from ripped. So shoddy. I took them back and got a credit note but then exchanged that for a refund - and thank god I did considering that Pineal has suddenly gone AWOL!

I had that same problem. I bought the silver hi-tops from the Pineal Eye and the first day I wore shopping in town they fell apart. The material they were made from ripped. So shoddy. I took them back and got a credit note but then exchanged that for a refund - and thank god I did considering that Pineal has suddenly gone AWOL!

Howcome? i also bought that in Pineal eye, which size is you bought?

The reason of making raf by raf is because of two resons
1. Can earn more money
2. Increase the price of the main line, the 3-STRAP VELCRO sneakers first came to market was 220 pounds in UK and 3400 in Hong Kong but now it gone up to 295 pounds in UK and 4900 in Hong kong.
A pair of high leather trainers from season 2005 s/s is just around 300 pounds 2 years ago but now 330 pounds only can but a pair of PVC paper mix siliver oven paper made trainers. He is one of the most overpriece designer even!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->