Raf Simons - Designer, Co-Creative Director of Prada

This is seriously exciting. So happy for Raf. Can't wait to see what he comes up with! :D

"Taking a role as couture architect rather than decorator, Mr. Simons has shown ball-gown skirts, albeit with stark white blouses, elegant day dresses in paisley patterns and splashes of Picasso."

Can't wait!! :woot: :woot:

Mr. Simons vs. Mr. Slimane

It will be interesting..

(team Simons btw!) ^_^

Thank god! I've been waiting ever since it first happened. I love that Raf was chosen, his swan song for JS is proof that he's earned it. But the only thing I want to know is Where does Galliano go from here? One of the most talented couturiers in history is out of the picture, and I just want to know what'll happen to him.

Oh such a relief! The Raf Simons option wouldn't have been my first guess or option, but it's great to see that someone innovative is taking over. This is the most important thing I think.

i'm just happy the game of musical chairs has come to an end for a while. as for the house of dior, let's hope raf simons gets some help before he re-imagines the company's accessories lines as his handbags for jil sander left much wanting. second, why would dior retain kris van assche over the menswear given the competition that product line will face from yves saint laurent under hedi slimane?

OMG OMG !! this news totally made my day.

I'm so happy, he's taking over Dior, this is beyond for me.
After his leaving Jil Sander, he couldn't take any less.

ahaha I'm hyperventilating :lol:

I'm so excited about this. I've always been an adoring fan of Galliano but this is sooo interesting i can't wait to see what he'll bring

Wow, that is the very definition of "breath of fresh air". The challenge and the expectations that Simons is going to face from now on are huge and I can't wait!

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm just happy the game of musical chairs has come to an end for a while. as for the house of dior, let's hope raf simons gets some help before he re-imagines the company's accessories lines as his handbags for jil sander left much wanting. second, why would dior retain kris van assche over the menswear given the competition that product line will face from yves saint laurent under hedi slimane?

Yeah, things are looking grim for KVA.

Im sooo happy! This is a much needed breathe of fresh air into the dusty french houses. His last collection for JS brought tears to my eyes and I can not WAIT to see his workmanship in couture!

LOVE!

Never been a fan but anyone is better than Bill. I'm just really hoping this isn't the end of diversity at Dior. So many amazing regulars will probably be dropped in favor of his "sterile" looking favorites. :(

Finally!!! after been expecting who would replace John, it's settled. I like Raf as he created magical collection for Jil Sander I want to see him produce Couture line it must be very interesting.

This news made me cry of happiness and then smile really wide at the same time^_^
Deep inside my heart I always hoped that Raf would get this position and now when it happened I'm absolutely thrilled and cannot wait to see his first collection for the house. Now I'm looking forward to July to see his couture creations.B)

Personally I'm hoping he really will be a "breath of fresh air" to Dior; I hope he'll bring something very different, and I mean different from the Dior-application collections he's been showing lately which have failed to wholly interest me.

*screams in the middle of class*

HALLELUJAH! :clap:PRAISE THE LORD!:clap: MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED! :clap:

I'm so happy for Raf, he truly deserves this job. And i'm even more happy this saga finally ended, and they made the right decision. He'll do a stellar job there, i'm sure of it. Dior was desperately needing a breath of fresh air, a new vision and a new direction, and Raf will deliver that.

Oh my god, next season will be legendary. Jil's comeback, Hedi's comeback and the beginning of a new era at Dior. Just when you think fashion was getting boring... :blush:

I think he will be a great success to the press and media if he can execute his collections as exceedingly well as he did at Jil Sander. My only concern is what the consumer will think of his designs. But maybe he can surprise us like he usually does with his Jil Sander collections.

:cry: How sad :cry: I really hoped they`d forgive Galliano, since he deserves it!

Think of Raf Simons what you will but Dior is DEFINITLY the WRONG job for him!

Simons represents avantgarde & minimalism like no other but when it comes to Dior I expect luxury, opulence, classicism, femininity and maybe a little kitsch.
There is no way Raf can pull that off.

^but that isn't the only thing dior himself represented. he was a master at volume,cutting,manipulations of material.....these are also attributes raf simons is extremely talented at. and kitsch....raf can do kitsch very well too. do you not remember his own collections? the influence from youth culture? and who knows,this could bring out another side of raf completely unexpected as he did at jil sander.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nymphfable
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->