Raf Simons S/S 2022 Paris

Not a fan of clothes which look straight from Oxfam...with some random heavy-metal prints here and there.
I am not sure if Raf want to induce people to buy his clothes; or just to induce them to fall asleep from total boredom.

Someone somewhere else in this forum (maybe the Prada thread?) remarked how this idea of "cool" is so dead and overplayed - and it's so true. This miserable, genderless, wet hair, zombie with an attitude is so over. How could anyone care about this look anymore? It's been so overdone for years now. Time to move on.

Last edited:
Someone somewhere else in this forum (maybe the Prada thread?) remarked how this idea of "cool" is so dead and overplayed - and it's so true. This miserable, genderless, wet hair, zombie with an attitude is so over. How could anyone care about this look anymore? It's been so overdone for years now. Time to move on.

completely agree. These days we see a manufactured cool aesthetic, which is so predictable and formulaic. This belongs in that little narrow box.

I think raf is cutting immense corners everywhere. The oversized volumes are played out and there is a lack of experimentation in the fabrics which I expect from him.
Some parts of this feel like an unlovable version of an undercover collection. I also felt that the bone claws where too close to undercover.

I like the womens shoes with the thin socks.

I'm pleased to see that the toilet-paper trains didn't carry over from his trainwreck Prada collection, I never want to see those again. A few looks from the womenswear that I like, because of Rizzo's hand (the black stilettos with socks and the pencil skirts), it has an almost parodic "edgy emo-girl takes up an office-job" vibe however the menswear was just BAD, zero appeal for me in those proportions, so tired. The fabrications of most garments and the choice of materials looked very cheap up-close, which considering the prices his clothes retail for is just outrageous.

This so much. It feels like a lot of us here have been craving for some glamour for a couple of years now, I know I have.

This so much. It feels like a lot of us here have been craving for some glamour for a couple of years now, I know I have.
Yes. But the industry is so full of such unimaginative people now, that even though they may sense the impulse for a reactionary glamour, they're only capable of giving us hollow Y2K redux a la Blumarine.

I just want something gorgeous. Actually gorgeous. Not some "subjective" or "subversive" version of gorgeous. Gorgeous. We all know what it is.

I like the graphic prints but that could be because I'm a metalhead and this one of the rare instances in fashion where the metal references look... authentic. The rest of the collection largely reminds me of Balenciaga's menswear show from Spring 2018. Especially the oversized striped shirts and sweaters. I expected something better from Raf.

Also, I know this isn't the place for this conversation but we ought to be careful about how we use mental health disorders as a joke or figure-of-speech for criticism. It can sound like I'm being overly sensitive but stereotypes about clinical depression and schizophrenia perpetuate harmful views about psychiatric issues. Even if the jokes seem to be benign or meaningless, over time they contribute to a historical stigma. I'm not trying to be an activist or woke or anything; just making a note.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->