Rag & Bone F/W 10.11 New York

Another disappointing show from New York. I see a lot of styling in this collection but I fail to see anything interesting in terms of fashion.

Last season was ten times better and showcased their talent more earnestly. This show to me just screams that whole we-have-a-genius-stylist-so-we-dont-need-to-create-anything-new-and-interesting syndrome :lol: :innocent:

Another disappointing show from New York. I see a lot of styling in this collection but I fail to see anything interesting in terms of fashion.

But that's what Rag & Bone is...they make incredibly well made, but wearable, separates and pieces. Yes, it's more on the side of casual than couture, but this is certainly their strongest collection to date (at least that I can remember). And yes, a lot of that has to do with Vanessa Reid styling the show. Everything that woman touches turns to gold, and this is no exception.

So to be honest, the styling is what really has taken this into the realm of "fashion," as you said. It's presenting interesting and refreshing ways to reinterpret traditional items (similar to what Vanessa did with the F/W 09 Missoni collection). I dunno...I'm smitten. :heart:

Oh. I want to resist to this but it's hardly possible, Reid's magical touch has pretty much sold me this, it's what the brand needed, a more defined and confident presentation of their rather conventional pieces (which isn't necessarily a bad thing but can be forgettable in the middle of all the other shows). This actually reminds me of Libertine's debut collection for winter 2004.. :heart:

i feel like the whole spirit they want to sell is Ralph Lauren's garden look
but they failed, and make the collection like another version of D&G fall 2008
the poncho is lovely though

I absolutely hate this with all my heart. A row of blah clothes paired with ugly ones.

A brilliant stylist will not make me mistake this work for a "designer's".

I love it! The styling does a great job making you see the possibilities of all the separates.

I wish the naysayers who think every show should be a reinvention of the fashion wheel would just stick to the Paris couture threads. It gets old seeing wonderful collections get dismissed because people can actually wear them off the runway.

I honestly don't know why people are swooning over the styling and/or the stylist. To me this looks like a Venetia Scott redux, and a poor one at that.

There is nothing interesting about the collection itself or the aesthetic of the 'grunge' styling; something which Venetia Scott and Jurgen Teller were doing in the 90's and had revived for Marc Jacobs multiple times (Fall 2006 springs to mind).

^I'm seeing more "prep" than" grunge. It's well-done prep IMO.

looks like a nice step out of rag&bone's comfort zone. the sharp tailoring on the girls remains pretty much the same, but the styling is fun and different. cool and not too pretentious.

This looks nothing like Rag & Bone. It's as if they completely changed their signature style, where's the cool androgyny and sharp tailoring? This is just so messy. What a let down.

This has a Scottish feel to it, especially the mix of plaids and knits. I like it though, it's a new style and it's very wearable! I wish I can get my paws to this collection. :lol:

the knitwear is a little weird. i think the styling is a little overdone. putting 20 pieces on a model doesn't read well to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->