Rally The Youth Vote For John Kerry

Discussion in 'Star Style' started by Belowen, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

2. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

k, I can't wait till the election is over... I'm tired of all these stars endorsing politions... but that's just me :wink:

Everybody looks so-so.

Thanks for the pics!

3. Kimkhuu

Kimkhuu New Member

Kirsten Dunst and Mandy Moore look cute. No comment on the point of the event..... :innocent:

4. SCBlondie

SCBlondie New Member

Did Ashlee Simpson get confused? I was positive she amd her sister were for Bush. :huh:

5. breathe0xygen

breathe0xygen I loved you

i agree, mandy looks cute, as always :flower:

6. tiffany

tiffany Active Member

I'd like Kerry to win, but I'm with you :rolleyes:

7. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow El Capitán

I don't understand why people are so against celebrities speaking out about how they feel poliitically...they aren't MAKING anyone believe what they believe...they're just standing up for it

to me, the greater fault is having the power to bring notice to something you believe and NOT using it...i have much more respect for celebrities who stand up for their beliefs over those who only use their stardom to simply sell consumer products...where a celebrity promoting their latest fragrance is usually doing it to make money...celebrities who promote their beliefs are usually doing it to better the world (whether we agree with their belief or not)

sure, politics shouldn't be a "product" that is sold, but it deserves attention...i applaud those who bring attention to it... Yes, i want Kerry to win, but i would say the same thing about celebrities who support bush

as long as you respect beliefs that are different than yours, i think everyone should stand up for their own beliefs (whether you're a celebrity or not)

reach for the stars! and don't run with scissors!

belowen, thank you for those pictures :flower:

8. nycgirl84

nycgirl84 New Member

I'm VERY surprised to see Ashlee there.

9. sugarpea

sugarpea New Member

your occupation doesnt dictate how involved you can get in an election...if these celebrities want to attend a pro-kerry or pro-bush event...so be it...and yeah, im surprised about ashlee too

10. tiffany

tiffany Active Member

I actually agree - in that it is a worthy cause, and if you believe in a particular political view strongly (or you want to back a particular candidate) you should voice your opinions. It's just that with the elections so close there is so much media attention focused on it (and rightly so) that it seems to be everywhere - so it can get a little too much.
    I didn't mean to undermine them supporting their candidate, sorry if it came out that way :flower:

11. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow El Capitán

i kind of see what you're saying...
    You feel that the hooplah around celebrities' views is excessive? but aren't against them standing up for/endorsing a particular politician?

just trying to understand...sorry for misinterpreting :flower:

12. meister122

meister122 New Member

is it just me...or is Ashlee's bag FUGLY with a capital "f"!!!!!???? Love the metallic silver heels peeking out from under Rachel Bilson's flared jeans though...

13. Misako

Misako within an embrace

I thought JESSICA was pro-Bush - I don't remember hearing about Ashlee's political affiliations...

I thought I just read a little while ago that Mandy Moore's PR group got angry about her being "affiliated" with Republicans, that she said that she wasn't. Guess she decided to prove it? LOL.

I agree with Captain JackSparrow - it's good that people are politically active - I'd rather people be such than be ignorant on the matter. But I am a little more sensitive to this stuff - I'm a political science major. :smile:

14. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Just a note - let's not forget to keep this topic in line, we're here to discuss fashion... right? :wink: :heart:

15. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

fashion wise i think the casual look suits the evnt otherwise celebrities shouldnt be condemned for making their political stance. they have alot of influence and are thus important in the campaign!

16. norma jean

norma jean New Member

17. paprika_hiccup

paprika_hiccup Reanimated

^^^^^^^^^ :rolleyes: Yeah, don't believe everything you read in a chain letter . . . This has been whispered forever and it is doubtful (at best).

On another note, does anyone know what the name of this Chloe bag that Kirsten is carrying. :heart: It has a pushlock closure on the front and it is on my "most wanted" list. I want to call Chloe and price it :ninja: :innocent: - that is if no one here has a ballpark figure?

18. Misako

Misako within an embrace

That's old news, I do believe...I just read something on the Washington Post that completely refuted that.

For some reason, I like Mandy Moore's pants...even though I'm not big on cropped pants.

19. niki03

niki03 Active Member

Does anybody know what brand Kirsten's bag is?

20. CatherineQ

CatherineQ New Member

It think it's Chole.