Rick Owens F/W 2018.19 Paris

I think this is one of Rick's strongest collection in quite some time.

I feel like for the first time in recent memory, he's been able to infuse a real sensuality back into his show. That used to be what made his earlier shows so fantastic for me. The casting here is far better than what we've seen from him in a long time - I like seeing sexier girls wearing his clothes...it makes a big difference. Also - I wish all the girls had been wearing the wrapped heels...because that's also a nice change in silhouette from Rick...after so many collections of huge, bulky, bizarre sneakers...it's a better visual balance to see the clothes worn with something a bit sexier.

It only gets uglier. We need more tailored pieces.

I usually prefer the outcome in his menswear collections which are usually a bit less heavy on the conceptual drapery that has dominated recent RO womenswear collections to mostly puzzling results. All these lumps and bumps in the opening passages do absolutely nothing for me, I wished he would take a step back from those showman gestures and give us instead a reminder why so many people are still loyally following the cult of his brand.

Love this! What a refreshing collection from Rick!
It all feels very effortless and sensual (something that has been missing from Rick lately). It's really great and the print are nice addition to the whole thing.
I need one of those enormous coats. The last one is to die for!

Love this! What a refreshing collection from Rick!
It all feels very effortless and sensual (something that has been missing from Rick lately). It's really great and the print are nice addition to the whole thing.
I need one of those enormous coats. The last one is to die for!

YESS, the coats! I love them too.

Very good collection.

It's hilarious how he can make one outrageous show one season and breed all those lines on how crazy and unreal high fashion is, then turn the switch the next season and make a collection packed with extremely wearable and desirable pieces for pretty much every woman, while still being 100% true to himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's so good, the oversized coats are giving me Gucci F/W 02.03 vibes they are so glamourous and chic. Not all of the duvet dresses work but I definitely dig them.

Those studded coats are giving me life. Very nice collection, especially around the middle.

So weird you brought this up I'm listening to a podcast on the myth of sisyphus right now...

Also an aside they're doing the spring 2024 pre-collection buys this week and I'm furiously searching instagram for leaks to get a gist of what the runway will be lol. So far seen some nice colors

Also an aside they're doing the spring 2024 pre-collection buys this week and I'm furiously searching instagram for leaks to get a gist of what the runway will be lol. So far seen some nice colors
Just wait for the June show, it's only 3 weeks away. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->