Rick Owens S/S 2020 Paris

God I love when Rick takes these traditional codes of fashion and elegance and filters them through his awesome, twisted mind. This is fantastic. So regal and badass.

Such a beautiful show, after last season's 2009 nostalgia trip we're finally back to our regular programming. A gorgeous and subdued hommage to Mexico by Rick Owens is the stuff of my dreams and he pulled it off like only he can. I love the tension between the japanese and mayan aesthetics. The colonial style dresses were a risky bet but he managed to imbue them with his trademark architectural strictness somehow. The terracota with the ochre really give that sense of prehispanic earthliness, the dashes of powder pink were smart. My absolute favorite garment were the sculpted jackets with nipped waists and strong hips.

That assesment of Rick's clothes as eveningwear for those who hate eveningwear, is really on point, his gowns never look princessy or cute, they feel so ahead of the game, risky and filled with the most alien type of allure.

Not that I would like him to go back to the grunge-y look of his earlier career, but I liked it better when a Rick Owens collection effortlessly transitioned from the runway to the wardrobes of people. The straightforward simplicity of a long dress in cotton with a horn hairpieces had enough transporting, editorial allure to me - Here I can't help but think it's nice to look at the show from a digital point of view but that the shops will be filled with pre-collection merchandise that's actually more than 10 years old in design.

Not that I would like him to go back to the grunge-y look of his earlier career, but I liked it better when a Rick Owens collection effortlessly transitioned from the runway to the wardrobes of people. The straightforward simplicity of a long dress in cotton with a horn hairpieces had enough transporting, editorial allure to me - Here I can't help but think it's nice to look at the show from a digital point of view but that the shops will be filled with pre-collection merchandise that's actually more than 10 years old in design.
agree! I love this show in terms of how it makes such a visual impact, and it stayed in my mind long after I looked at it. But he's always so great with real clothes, one of the few who used to actually sell what he showed, and I do miss this side of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valkirius
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->