Ripped jeans S/S 08

ok abercromie=gross ripped jeans
ans so are those jeans from Maison Martin Margiela

but i do like chris Ks jeans litt;e less rips haha
and better color denim

i think if it's naturally done
it's way better

I guess I'm one of the few that love ripped Maison Martin Margiela jeans.

ehh... i kind of like them too.. i dont like them to the point that i hope they become a real trend though, because i personally feel very few people could pull them off in such a way i'd view with favor. but i guess thats my being picky.

i think i would give this look a try.

as an add, i think it is catching on a little bit-- heres a pair i found on topshop

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/s...category_rn=115935&productId=868524&langId=-1

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the topshop jeans in last post. But I don't think the jeans should be more 'ripped' than 'jeans'.

this from J&J changed my attitude abt "too-ripped" jeans

the look is beyond amazing

rachellechar - you have to source that picture, it's tFS policy

I think only few people can really pull off this look, other than that I do like black skinnies with rips in the knees(only there), those are a lot easier to pull off.

I'm thinking of diy-ing a pair soon. I don't want to wreak any of my jeans, maybe I should buy a vintage pair.

Im going to rip up a pair from forever21 today, Ill post pics after....I hope they come out cool.

3083392930_20d268a12e.jpg

3083392580_8fd001a446.jpg

These are mine.

I can take destroyed jeans, but most ripped jeans are just re-hashes of the '80s and early '90s jeans I've visciously disliked. Back on Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving), I was out at this lovely breakfast diner when I saw some woman with ripped jeans. They just looked nasty. I'm not liking these jeans one bit. When you wear jeans that look like they lost a fight against a mad dog or slashed to shreds by a bear, it's not stylish or cool. I'm not feeling these to be honest. Never had. But still, someone has to keep these alive so that they make sure mild-mannered me have something to hate on for the day to borderline love and hate.

I'm not liking these. Have yet to. But because someone always has to disagree with me, go ahead and grill me on these jeans... not my first rodeo.

I just saw a homeless guy begging for change on the subway wearing ripped/shredded jeans.

I like those super shredded jeans, but they shouldn't be taken too literally. I would never wear them in real life. I always hear people complain about expensive jeans being sold with rips because, "you can save money by doing it yourself." Plus I was just watching Daniel Tosh on Comedy Central making fun of it just now.

But my DIY ripped jeans never come out like I want them to! I tried to take a razor to them to give that slight frayed rip, but it doesn't work too well. And I want to holes to be stringy and frayed, but when they're washed the torn parts always end up really fuzzy. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

^ :lol:

I think to a point, ripped jeans can look fab. It just depends on the extent of the rip and how au nautrel they look. Otherwise it can look overdone and tacky.
I still prefer a sophisticated dark wash skinny or straight leg jean. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->