Roberto Cavalli for Target Australia

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
TARGET has turned to exotic designer Roberto Cavalli to bring fashion from the "French Riviera to Wagga Wagga." Known for his sexy, supermodel-ready designs, including a penchant for animal print and embellishment, the Italian designer's collection will range in size from 8 to 16 and be priced from $49 to $129.
The store aims to fill the gap between budget retailers and higher-end fashion houses of David Jones and Myer.
"We're looking to occupy the space between the big discount stores and department stores," said Target managing director Dene Rogers.
"We think there's demand by Australians for affordable, luxurious and fashionable products. And we want to be a complement to Kmart, not a competitor, from [our parent company] Wesfarmers' perspective."
Target's first glamour offensive is the reinvigoration of its Designers For Target initiative with Italian maestro Cavalli kick-starting it.

"I'm hoping we can bring fashion from the French Riviera to places like Wagga Wagga," said Rogers.
The collection will be exclusive to Target in Australia, and will launch on October 31.
Thereafter, the initiative, which has been occasional at best since its first Stella McCartney collection in 2007, will increase in frequency to four or five collections per year, including overseas and Australian designers.
"It'll probably be a little bit more weighted towards international designers because of sheer numbers," said Rogers, adding that they were already in discussions with three more designers about collaborations, with the next collection likely to launch early next year. GLYNIS TRAILL-NASH

The Sunday Telegraph

Attachments

• 176000-story-target-v2.jpg
    176000-story-target-v2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 7
large HQ image

shop.target.com.au

Roberto Cavalli is honestly the tackiest designer out there, high fashion or high street. His stuff is already awful and now there's a high street version? Thank god it's not in America.

Finally, Cavalli will be sold in the price range it's worth

that look on karolina actually doesn't look so bad

target.com.au + marloperry

This collaboration will be as generic as possible-- and tacky, it seems. But to be fair, even if his clothes and image are coveted by the Eurotrash and Guidette-types, the quality and construction of his mainline is extremely exquisite. If I were to see his beaded pieces, or jackets, I would be very impressed with the level of craftsmanship. Unfortunately, once I know it's Cavalli, I can't shake the tacky branding of this label.

I'm no Cavalli fan, but he does seem to get an unfair dismissal around here, while the like of Alexander Wang and Prabal Gurung are praised, even though they are just as tacky and cheap-looking-- and less well-constructed, might I add.

KK looks gorgeous in the campaign. And as summer approaches in Australia, I can see those lightweight printed dresses being a BIG hit

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
modeket
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->