Proenza Schouler for Target

anyone know when they're getting new stuff in? i got the purple denim skirt and some pinstriped pants today =D

there wont be any new items, clucreciala. there's only two weeks left of this promotion and then it will be on to a new designer - patrick robinson.

it seems as though target has been quite saavy in reaction to the popularity of the PS line. they have taken a lot of the items that were scheduled for clearance and put them back at all full price.

i still have yet to wear any of my PS items. the weather has simply been to cold to fathom putting any of them on.

thanks lucy =]

i just researched it and found previews of his pieces. posted it on patrick robinson's thread

lucy92 said:
it seems as though target has been quite saavy in reaction to the popularity of the PS line. they have taken a lot of the items that were scheduled for clearance and put them back at all full price.
I noticed that too! Case in point, the aloha babydoll dress was on 30% clearance at target.com for a couple of days and now they're selling it for full price again. Also, thanks for posting that great WSJ article. I have to agree that some of the ending prices are a little off but the article was still valid & well-stated.

I also haven't worn any of my PS items yet because of the weather, but I did end up returning most of my orders (the grape juice palm print dress, the palm print gauze skirt and the aloha babydoll dress). Unfortunately, a lot of the items are not flattering for curvy/busty women like myself, which include the bustiers and some of the dresses IMO. I have to admit that the grape juice palm print gauze dress is great if you're busty, but I ended up returning it because I didn't like the way it looked on me and my boyfriend didn't care for it when he saw it on me.

The only things I plan on keeping are the scarves, two blue chain-print tissue tanks and the gray short-sleeved sweatshirt that I just bought at my local Target. I did order the palm print kimono-style dress but I'm still on the fence with it. I fell in love with it with it from the pictures but it's tighter on the bottom & bigger on the top and I think wearing a cami underneath would be good. I didn't really have the pooch when I tried it on but I can see how that can happen.

I wish that I was able to get or try on the chain-print silk wrap top & the coats but at least I got most of the items I wanted this time around. There were some disappointments but I think that this is the best GO collection thus far.

So I went to my favorite Target last Thursday and they only really have the solid colored tissue tanks, the polos, some button skirts, a couple of brown palm print jackets, some purple & pink palm print bags and a purple bustier dress in size 13 that had a busted zipper. I talked to someone in the women's department and she told me that their store never received the bustiers and only saw them in returns! I can't say that I'm surprised...

I did :lol: because the palm print skirt that I returned last month is still there. To be fair, it might not have been mine but I returned a large palm print skirt at that location and that was the same skirt I saw on the racks.

I just looked in the Target pressroom section, and they have their news release for Patrick Robinson as the next designer, which was released yesterday. Here is the link to the image album of some of his pieces. http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/fashion/go-international/album.aspx?id=4504

While looking in the album section, I also saw this new album for "Libertine". I guess that'll be the designer after Robinson. Wacky stuff! Heres' the link: http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/fashion/go-international/album.aspx?q=&id=4614&s=dateasc&pg=2

I just saw this in person for the first time this past week as I haven't been to Target in awhile. The only thing I thought was doable for me was the tissue tanks. But when I stopped by another Target to pick one up, they didn't have a single solid one, only the prints. It's strange how they ship different things to different stores ... :huh:

novella i noticed the sizing thing with kimono style dress as well--i really liked it in person and the size small fit really well on top but was a bit too tight on the bottom (i never found a medium so i don't know how that would have fit--i suspect the top portion would have been too big for me)

but anyway, that was one frustration...

I got their pink blazer for $10 the other day. There was actually only one marked down for that price and it was a small. I picked up the only medium left and decided to buy it full price. But when I got to the checkout I asked if they were all marked down that much, and she rang it up as the other one's sale price. :P I feel kind of like a criminal because there may have been something wrong with the other one. But oh well. I really like it.

This is kind of old news, but Proenza Schouler is 30 and 50% off on the website:

(you can click on the image to go to the clearance; image credit: http://www.target.com/)

whoa. forever21 just ripped off the PS Target collection...

(img from forever21.com)

holy moly, can anyone find the link to the purchase page?

Ugh Forever 21! When will they ever stop?! I really miss going to Target and seeing Jack and Lazarro's faces staring at me from the tags. I hope they will do another line sometime.. it will never happen :(

i really wish i could get the f21 dress since i couldn't get the proenza for target one.. i heard dkny created the look-alike version of the purple dress as well..

i heard dkny created the look-alike version of the purple dress as well..

If that's true, then that's just sad. I mean, I get it with Forever 21. That doesn't mean it's good, but that's just what the store does. (And I actually like that dress. :innocent:)

DKNY on the other hand, is supposed to be attached (however tenuously) to Donna Karan. I would hope she would retain some creative control, or at least veto power, over items attached to her name, whether it's Donna Karan Collection or DKNY Jeans in the juniors department.

I tend to agree. It makes sense with F21. I'm just sometimes surprised to see that they rip off designs from other comparable stores (like Target and H+M). I recently read somewhere that they don't even have designers -- they just buy samples and send them to the factory to reproduce. And it takes them only a month to copy something and produce it. All the labels I've worked for usually work a year out!

But anyhoo, I think it's pretty terrible for DKNY to do it. They should know better. Fashion is definitely a lot of copying, but good designers can be inspired by something, rather than simply reproducing it. Just my two cents...

If that's true, then that's just sad. I mean, I get it with Forever 21. That doesn't mean it's good, but that's just what the store does. (And I actually like that dress. :innocent:)

DKNY on the other hand, is supposed to be attached (however tenuously) to Donna Karan. I would hope she would retain some creative control, or at least veto power, over items attached to her name, whether it's Donna Karan Collection or DKNY Jeans in the juniors department.

Well said. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->