Proenza Schouler for Target

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.wwd.com/notavailable/dotcom?target=/issue/article/103498&articleId=103498&articleType=A&industryKw=issue

Fashion Scoop: The Next Big Target

THE NEXT BIG TARGET: Could Proenza Schouler's Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez be Target's next design stars? The fashion duo is said to have held talks with the Minneapolis-based chain about creating an exclusive lower-priced line. A deal could still be months away, but if it came to fruition, McCollough and Hernandez would follow in the footsteps of designers such as Isaac Mizrahi and Cynthia Rowley and labels such as Fiorucci. The Proenza Schouler line for Target will likely be part of the discounter's new "Go International" initiative, which, like Hennes & Mauritz's outings with Karl Lagerfeld and Stella McCartney, features limited-edition collections from established designers. Target, which is said to be in talks with several international designers, is expected to launch Go next month with a collection by Luella Bartley.

thanks lucy...

seems lilke a bad fit to me...

does anyone have a wwd subscription where they can access to the full story??

it's Proenza Schouler for Target!!! :woot: ...oddly enough i'm quite excited ^_^

Sigh ... my first post didn't take ...

The boys play to such a specific body type with their current line that I think an alliance with my favorite mass retailer might helpfully expand their horizons (no pun intended :P )

i'm excited for it too! and im very excited for luella bartley at target!

fashionista-ta said:
...(no pun intended :P )...
Yeah, right :lol: We know all your words have meaning :wink:

An unusual duo, but I'd be interested! I do really like this trend overall...

Are all designers going insane these days?

True fashion is about art and creativity, not mass consumption...

^ hopefully the collection will still show creativity. i think the boys at Proenza can handle it ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: Well, there's truth to that, but I think this trend is really nice for those that can't afford the art.

The clothes obviously won't be made with the same quality of materials as the true designer pieces, but I think it's nice that those less fortunate can still get an item with quality design and cut in mind :flower:

(and, to be clear, I'm not buying into the idea the designers are doing this out of the goodness of their heart either :P)

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious said:
:lol: Well, there's truth to that, but I think this trend is really nice for those that can't afford the art.

The clothes obviously won't be made with the same quality of materials as the true designer pieces, but I think it's nice that those less fortunate can still get an item with quality design and cut in mind :flower:

(and, to be clear, I'm not buying into the idea the designers are doing this out of the goodness of their heart either :P)

i agree
it woud be very interesting to see what the collection is going to look like
i cant wait
:D

Curious said:

$$$

:mrgreen:

lucy92 said:
does anyone have a wwd subscription where they can access to the full story??

that was the whole story lucy...doesn't sound like anything has been confirmed yet...

i hope this doesn't happen...:doh:

lucy92 said:
http://www.wwd.com/notavailable/dotcom?target=/issue/article/103498&articleId=103498&articleType=A&industryKw=issue

Fashion Scoop: The Next Big Target

THE NEXT BIG TARGET: Could Proenza Schouler's Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez be Target's next design stars? The fashion duo is said to have held talks with the Minneapolis-based chain about creating an exclusive lower-priced line. A deal could still be months away, but if it came to fruition, McCollough and Hernandez would follow in the footsteps of designers such as Isaac Mizrahi and Cynthia Rowley and labels such as Fiorucci. The Proenza Schouler line for Target will likely be part of the discounter's new "Go International" initiative, which, like Hennes & Mauritz's outings with Karl Lagerfeld and Stella McCartney, features limited-edition collections from established designers. Target, which is said to be in talks with several international designers, is expected to launch Go next month with a collection by Luella Bartley.

when is this going to stop! Target collections is the new way to sell out!

Published: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 Fashion Scoop: The Next Big TargetTHE NEXT BIG TARGET: Could Proenza Schouler's Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez be Target's next design stars? The fashion duo is said to have held talks with the Minneapolis-based chain about creating an exclusive lower-priced line. A deal could still be months away, but if it came to fruition, McCollough and Hernandez would follow in the footsteps of designers such as Isaac Mizrahi and Cynthia Rowley and labels such as Fiorucci. The Proenza Schouler line for Target will likely be part of the discounter's new "Go International" initiative, which, like Hennes & Mauritz's outings with Karl Lagerfeld and Stella McCartney, features limited-edition collections from established designers. Target, which is said to be in talks with several international designers, is expected to launch Go next month with a collection by Luella Bartley. Proenza Schouler has been a hot commodity since bursting on the New York fashion scene with its spring 2003 collection. It recently collaborated with Movado on a limited-edition version of the Museum Watch, and LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton was said to have once approached it about top jobs at Celine and Givenchy. Officials from Proenza Schouler could not be reached for comment Tuesday. www.wwd.comHere's the whole article.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->