Proenza Schouler for Target

the only thing I got was the the 2 tissue tees. I got them big becasue it was the only size left, and I like it better.

I'm really bummed out. That silk palm dress was the one piece I wanted more than anything else. I hate to sound like I'm whining but honestly, couldn't they at least tell us when certain items would be in the stores or online so those of us who really wanted a particular item would have a chance before it sold out? Argh. I went to my Target again yesterday and they didn't have anything good:(

lucy92..My In Style magazine states the bustier will be out March 15 as well.
What is the deal with this?
I thought this line was available one time only?

For some reason, when I saw the dates in the In style Magazine (Sandra Bullock cover) I figured they had thier dates all wrong...but now I'm excited that at least I'll get antother cahnce to shop Proenza. S..At least I hope so....

Those dresses have been at my neighborhood Targets for more than a week. I tried one on, and was pretty shocked by the lackluster quality. The reason there is a "pooch"—the two pieces of silk (the palm print and the lining) are sewn together with a closed hem. This makes the consistency of the dress similar to Tyvek, rather than allowing each layer of silk to drape against the body. When you use the tie-belt, whatever fabric you have left at the waist just scrunches into a "pooch."

Believe me, they are not worth $40. The stitching quality also varies greatly from dress to dress. If you end up buying one, I would suggest seeing the dress you buy in person.

Hope this helps!

pixiewytch said:
Hey everyone, a couple of questions since I've been gone for awhile. Are any of the stores carrying the palm print dress yet? Is it sold out on the website because I don't see it there? Same question goes for the palm print tote. I'm just hoping I didn't miss out on either of these items because I really wanted them.

Oh, and on the dress...I see some of you commenting about a pooch. Are you saying that the fabric is generous making it look like a pooch or that if you have a pooch it will be accentuated? I'm wondering because I already have a poochy tummy so if it camoflauges that would be great but if it is snug, probably not.

maybe the purple silk bustier top will be out march 14th. who knows.

people are reporting seeing the blue ones in their stores already.

pixiewytch, i think the majority of the blue silk palm dresses were sold out online even before february 5.

I visited a different local Target today and bought the Stripe Crop-Sleeve Cotton Jacket--I'm impressed yet again. The jacket looks decent with both tights and jeans, which is fortunate for me.

Target.com

My picture; sorry for the blurriness :wink:

minelb6.png

Taken by me.

the jacket looks like it fits well. (what are the shoes by the way?)

is everyone else finding the PS racks at their local stores practically empty? i dont think target planned for demand enough...

Shame on target. After a string of GO Intl designers, they should have known. Lovely outfit seanbutter. I think I have the same shoes as you but in white with stacked wood heel.

tylw said:
Those dresses have been at my neighborhood Targets for more than a week. I tried one on, and was pretty shocked by the lackluster quality. The reason there is a "pooch"—the two pieces of silk (the palm print and the lining) are sewn together with a closed hem. This makes the consistency of the dress similar to Tyvek, rather than allowing each layer of silk to drape against the body. When you use the tie-belt, whatever fabric you have left at the waist just scrunches into a "pooch."

Believe me, they are not worth $40. The stitching quality also varies greatly from dress to dress. If you end up buying one, I would suggest seeing the dress you buy in person.

Hope this helps!

i have the palm print dress and it fits me really well...
and i bought it online, sight unseen...
i think it's totally worth the $40, since it is 100% silk and it's completely lined...

i also think, depending on how you tie it (in the front or the back), you can avoid the "pooch"...

on another note, i was outbid today for a grey sweatshirt on ebay...:angry:
do these run really small?
i'm debating between a small and a medium (i typically wear a size 3, and i'm about 5'5")

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree. I went to three Targets, and all of the palm dresses seemed to be the same, sub-par quality (uneven stitching, tattered seams, etc.). Note also how the eBay price of the dresses have dropped precipitously after people actually got their hands on them. That type of price drop can't only be due to increased supply.

And I don't mean to offend you, but silk is not that expensive on the global market, especially the low-grade silk used to make the palm dress. Dresses made out of the highest-quality silk (handpainted even) only *retail* for about US$20 in Suzhou, the silk center of China.

Maybe I've been spoiled with material and construction, but two female Target employees ran over to me while I was at the PS display. They wanted to know what was so special about this designer. They then proceeded to point every awry seam, astonished at the prices women were willing to pay. Both of them felt it was the most poorly-made GO collection, next to Behnaz. True, silk is harder to deal with, but doesn't Gap and Banana Republic get their blouses done in China? They don't seem to have the same quality problem.

I think the only worthwhile pieces are the bustier tops and dresses, the coat as well. PS may have been too ambitious with its runway-to-Target translation.

However, pixiewytch, if you really have your heart set on the dress, I am happy to find you one in my area (as I said, no one seems terribly interested where I live). You can just pay me back at cost. Let me know!

kimair said:
i have the palm print dress and it fits me really well...
and i bought it online, sight unseen...
i think it's totally worth the $40, since it is 100% silk and it's completely lined...

i also think, depending on how you tie it (in the front or the back), you can avoid the "pooch"...

on another note, i was outbid today for a grey sweatshirt on ebay...:angry:
do these run really small?
i'm debating between a small and a medium (i typically wear a size 3, and i'm about 5'5")

ok now i am VERY VERY pissed, just got an email from target saying my boy blue bustier top in MED is sold out and will not be shipped and hello i ordered it in january thru the links from shoplocal...dammit, i officially hate them now...if anyone has a medium and would like to trade for a small...pm me please! very sad!!

I saw the purple halfter with the cone shaped neckline and I have to say it looks more hideous in person! I wish I can find that palm dress though. It looks really cute esp. on kimair!

I have to disagree with the "shame on Target" comment. I think they have done a lot better than H&M at making the designer collections accessible and, correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is the first collection where demand far exceeded supply. I was not particularly interested in the other collections, but I did notice that most items ended up on clearance rather than selling out. I don't think there was any way for Target to know that this collection would be any different from the others. Of course, that doesn't mean I am not disappointed myself...I am still looking for the blue bustier top and s/s gray sweatshirt!

tylw, thank you for the offer to pick up a dress for me. I just may take you up on it.

Someone was asking about the sweatshirt and I just wanted to say that I bought one the other day and it runs pretty small. I didn't try it on and picked up a medium which I typically wear. The cuffs are rather tight (I don't have fat arms) and so is the waist so I would go a size up on those.

lucy92 said:
the jacket looks like it fits well. (what are the shoes by the way?)

is everyone else finding the PS racks at their local stores practically empty? i dont think target planned for demand enough...

They're from Alloy.com, although I like to pretend they're Chloés :D

The Target I visited yesterday was generic in terms of supply--take that as you will. There were only a few pieces, such as jackets and dresses, but I was still impressed.

i've been wearing the tissue tees that i got over the last couple days and I'm loving them :heart:

excited for the tissue tanks in solid colors :woot:

i kind of want to go buy the tee in the colors i didn't pick up before :ninja:

im into the cute purple dress and the simple tees. I also like the seersucker skirt in blue and red, but I'm waiting to see what else comes out.

pixiewytch said:
Someone was asking about the sweatshirt and I just wanted to say that I bought one the other day and it runs pretty small. I didn't try it on and picked up a medium which I typically wear. The cuffs are rather tight (I don't have fat arms) and so is the waist so I would go a size up on those.

thanks pixiewytch...:flower:
i almost won an auction for a small today, and i'm glad i didn't...

I can't believe the black bikini is sold out. I was going to get it when it first popped up online and now it's gone :( I will never forgive myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeybabe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->