Rodarte F/W 13.14 New York

^Oh, yes. Basically I've loved all of their collections except for the last four. Fall 2011 was definitely their last 'great' collection, for me at least.

^Oh, yes. Basically I've loved all of their collections except for the last four. Fall 2011 was definitely their last 'great' collection, for me at least.

yes, i agree. fall 2011 was beautiful. spring 2012 is still, imo, the worst thing they've ever done, i can't even think about it :lol: this, and the previous two are very bad with basic elements and lots of 'wtf' looks. every season i still lookforward to their shows hoping they'll find the light again, but no. :cry:

oh. my. god. it's like a dominatrix, a hippie, and a grandma dropped acid and then collaborated on a high fashion collection.

Whoever styled this needs to be shot, there are some pretty looking seperates but what's with the high-cut swimming costumes underneath, or the rectangular cropped trousers?
And the finale tie-dye dresses are just awful.

Ohhh how the mighty hath fallen! I've never liked them and have always found their work pretentious and sloppy. So I'm very glad that with each season that goes by they keep exposing themselves as amateurs that got lucky by earning certain editors favor...:D

to be honest,i think they've become just a one-trick-pony. they do one kind of style,shape and cut and they execute that well(such as the knitted dresses et al)but as they've begun to expand in their direction,it really exposes their lack of technical prowess. i've seen better work from some of those hacks on project runway. hell,tara subkoff is a better designer than this.

hell,tara subkoff is a better designer than this.

Ooh are you allowed to say that :lol:

I agree with you though. It's a shame the label has gone down hill. There's no sparkle any more. I really don't like this direction they are going in. I don't find anything attractive here :(

I like the first few cream colored outfits, they are quite pretty. But everything else from this collection just seems off. I especially hate the bodysuit thing going on with so many of the looks, it's not attractive at all (and looks incredibly uncomfortable as well). Quite disappointed in Rodarte, I was hoping that they'd put together a show-stopping collection, to make up for some of the lackluster collections in the past.

I was so excited by a couple of looks early on and then it just descended into being jaw-droppingly bad.

Rodarte used to be sooo good. Until they decided to be commercial and "sell-able". Their initial offerings were so good. This is trash.

Whoever styled this needs to be shot, there are some pretty looking seperates but what's with the high-cut swimming costumes underneath, or the rectangular cropped trousers?
And the finale tie-dye dresses are just awful.

i know, those exposed hips are :sick:

maybe it's the starbucks cards keeping them afloat.

maybe it's the starbucks cards keeping them afloat.

:clap: Golden.

I'm feeling let down that the people who love to annoy the hell out of the rest of us by dropping the designer comparisons in everysinglethread haven't blurted out the "that's so last season's Lanvin" regarding those low-slung pants over the high-cut swimsuits.

lanvin s/s 13 via style.com

oh. my. god. it's like a dominatrix, a hippie, and a grandma dropped acid and then collaborated on a high fashion collection.
:lol::lol::lol: and a gothic chola, a flamenco bride, a...

T.R.A.G.I.C

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->