Rooney Mara

Looks like that Nina Ricci look she wore a few years ago. It's a typical Rooney look, but she looks great.

I love her look for the SAGs and those B&W at #272 are just stunning!
Also, Abergel is styling her hair just flawlessly, I love what he has been doing with her hair, just from the last events (the source to all pics https://www.instagram.com/hairbyadir/

"Carol" Premier

Golden Globes awards

Critics Choices Awards

AACTA

SAG

I agree Wolkfolk. You can have the greatest stylist in the world, access to the best designers, but if you can't carry the clothes, it won't work. Rooney is not a classic beauty, but she has that flawless pale skin, and figure that is made for those minimalist and sometimes complicated designs a lot of actresses can't carry. She knows what she likes and what looks great on her. However, I still think her daily/street style is boring. Great coats, great boots, but dull imho.

ETA--Love all the braids and buns she has been doing with her hair on the red carpet. Goes well with whatever she's wearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Agree with both of you. Afterall there are plenty of actresses with great stylists, and their style still sucks.

My only complaint with Rooney is that it's too repetitive, I thought this even when she was promoting The Girl with the Dragoon Tattoo.

Los Angeles Times (The Envelope)
zW1cDFX.jpg

cate-blanchett

Rooney Mara listens to music on her iPhone while out in downtown New York City 2/2/16

hdutopia.blogspot

photographed by Jay L. Clendenin for Los Angeles Times
Va62c86.png

sydneyprosser tumblr

MaybeJaded: thank you so much for all of the photos of her hair! So many great looks for Rooney. :heart:

I hope she wears Valentino to the Oscars too. She would look incredible in this dress from their latest couture collection.
She would look stunning in that dress, I hope she goes in that direction for the Oscars

Actress Rooney Mara attends the 88th Annual Academy Awards nominee luncheon on February 8, 2016 in Beverly Hills, California.

zimbio

Cute and - drumroll please - something a bit different! Baby steps! Still waiting for her to break out the colour though :cool2:

So chic.

And it never bothered that she rarely wears colour. I mean if she doesn't want to, what's the problem? I tend to not wear much colour, either.

So chic.

And it never bothered that she rarely wears colour. I mean if she doesn't want to, what's the problem? I tend to not wear much colour, either.

On the rare occasion she has worn colour - that red gown or the purple dress with the plunge - I've loved it. I had no issue with her wearing just black and white a few years back, but she's not giving us anything new or fresh anymore, so her style has felt a bit stale. Colour - or something different, like the embroidery on her recent dress - would liven it up a bit.

So lovely:blush:
One of my favorite looks from her, because it is something we are not used to see and she looks great

this is certainly different, very romantic.
her face is so lovely in that smiling picture.:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiekar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->